From: Ken Tilton
Subject: No Vacancy
If I see one more nooby post I am gonna puke. Actually, I did all day,
but that was the food poisoning. I digress.

Go away. Lisp is for people smart enough to learn a language by
themselves. Hint.

This is not Python. There is no pathetic "supportive" community, and our
B in BDFL stands for "brutal". Cute frickin pun names off the name of
the language will get you shot, not a pat on the back.

This NG is for Lisp vs Scheme flamewars and nothing else. Go away.

kenny

ps. I knew things had crossed a line when between heave sessions I saw
some refugee from Cells-Gtk asking on cells-devel about frickin
Synapses. Sucker. k

From: Chris Barts
Subject: Re: No Vacancy
Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote on Saturday 28 July 2007 21:25
in comp.lang.lisp <················@newsfe12.lga>:

> If I see one more nooby post I am gonna puke. Actually, I did all day,
> but that was the food poisoning. I digress.
>
> Go away. Lisp is for people smart enough to learn a language by
> themselves. Hint.

To regain your equanimity and peace of mind, go read comp.lang.c for a
fortnight and then alt.religion.scientology for three days.

--
My address happens to be com (dot) gmail (at) usenet (plus) chbarts,
wardsback and translated.
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Jul 29, 5:25 am, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> If I see one more nooby post I am gonna puke. Actually, I did all day,
> but that was the food poisoning. I digress.
>
> Go away. Lisp is for people smart enough to learn a language by
> themselves. Hint.
>
> This is not Python. There is no pathetic "supportive" community, and our
> B in BDFL stands for "brutal". Cute frickin pun names off the name of
> the language will get you shot, not a pat on the back.
>
> This NG is for Lisp vs Scheme flamewars and nothing else.
How dare are you to say the names of the heretics in this shrine of
true faith.The Unclean, the Impure, the Abhorred, the Reviled, the
Hunted, the Purged and the Cleansed reside in their warp of chaos
where no orthodox soul should cross unless for destruction of our
enemies as it's written in our holy hyperspec.
"Through the destruction of our enemies do we earn our salvation"
St. Kent Pittman
From: ········@gmail.com
You do realize this is your own darn fault for making Lisp so popular,
don't you?

 -jimbo

"We have seen the enemy, and it is Jimbo." - Ken Tilton on
comp.lang.lisp
From: Ken Tilton
········@gmail.com wrote:
> You do realize this is your own darn fault for making Lisp so popular,
> don't you?

Aw, jeez, try to keep up will you? Any blog will tell you I have done
more than my part to drive away noobs, and even some Lisp legends. I am
real proud of the latter.

kt
From: Thomas F. Burdick
On Aug 1, 6:21 pm, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> ········@gmail.com wrote:
> > You do realize this is your own darn fault for making Lisp so popular,
> > don't you?
>
> Aw, jeez, try to keep up will you? Any blog will tell you I have done
> more than my part to drive away noobs, and even some Lisp legends. I am
> real proud of the latter.

Now you're just making stuff up.  It's common knowledge that Lisp
blogs only go on and on in excruciating detail about Soduko, wrong-
headed extensions to ASDF (let's make it parse HTML!) and shitty vapor-
ware libraries that no one would be interested in anyway.
From: ·······@googlemail.com
> I have done [...]
> more than my part to drive away noobs, and even some Lisp legends. I am
> real proud of the latter.

I am a noob and would be swear to leave if you could write the
documentation
for cells.

thomas
From: Ken Tilton
·······@googlemail.com wrote:
>>I have done [...]
>>more than my part to drive away noobs, and even some Lisp legends. I am
>>real proud of the latter.
>

> I am a noob and would be swear to leave if you could write the
> documentation
> for cells.

Leave anyway. You have the code and a kabillion working examples
exercising every feature. The entire Cells-Gtk community uses Cells
without ever asking me one question. Clearly the problem is with <gasp>
you. You are unworthy. I recommend Visual Basic; there is nothing not to
understand.

hth,kenny

--
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"Algebra is the metaphysics of arithmetic." - John Ray

"As long as algebra is taught in school,
there will be prayer in school." - Cokie Roberts

"Stand firm in your refusal to remain conscious during algebra."
    - Fran Lebowitz

"I'm an algebra liar. I figure two good lies make a positive."
    - Tim Allen
From: ·······@googlemail.com
> Leave anyway. You have the code and a kabillion working examples
> exercising every feature. The entire Cells-Gtk community uses Cells
> without ever asking me one question. Clearly the problem is with <gasp>
> you. You are unworthy. I recommend Visual Basic; there is nothing not to
> understand.

That's fine for me.  I thought that there will be some documentation
for
it in the future.  I will stop searching for it.

Thomas
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Aug 5, 1:18 am, ·······@googlemail.com wrote:
> > I have done [...]
> > more than my part to drive away noobs, and even some Lisp legends. I am
> > real proud of the latter.
>
> I am a noob and would be swear to leave if you could write the
> documentation
> for cells.
>
> thomas

Dear Thomas

The topic is interesting, but if you (Dear Reader) aren't into lisp
(which you shouldn't be: Lisp is a senile, imbecile language that I
suspect is still somewhat around only because a bunch of academic
types like to maintain a sort of haughty, snobbish vogue on it --
probably because it was the only language their professor's professor
knew when he was a young man, and so it goes for ever since,
generation after generation of academic types resorting to
eccentricities partly out of inertia and partly in order to augment
the feeling of self-worth by 'being different' -- or something like
that)... so what I was saying was if you're not into Lisp but
interested in this (in general worthy) topic, look elsewhere.
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Aug 1, 6:21 pm, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> ········@gmail.com wrote:
> > You do realize this is your own darn fault for making Lisp so popular,
> > don't you?
>
> Aw, jeez, try to keep up will you? Any blog will tell you I have done
> more than my part to drive away noobs, and even some Lisp legends. I am
> real proud of the latter.
>
> kt

Like ... like Erann Gatt, or it was Ron Garret.
From: ···············@no.such.domain
Ken Tilton went out on a slippery limb when he wrote:
> Lisp is for people smart enough to learn a language by themselves.

That's utterly wrong. Lisp is the best scripting and programming
language for just about everything. Lisp experts should get
together in pairs and go door to door in their neighborhood
offering to introduce everyone over 6 years old to Lisp
programming. If just ten percent of the residents in every
neighborhood in the whole world will learn to program with Lisp,
"the world will change". Goal: 600 million Lisp programmers!!
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Aug 5, 2:52 am, ···············@no.such.domain wrote:
> Ken Tilton went out on a slippery limb when he wrote:
>
> > Lisp is for people smart enough to learn a language by themselves.
>
> That's utterly wrong. Lisp is the best scripting and programming
> language for just about everything. Lisp experts should get
> together in pairs and go door to door in their neighborhood
> offering to introduce everyone over 6 years old to Lisp
> programming. If just ten percent of the residents in every
> neighborhood in the whole world will learn to program with Lisp,
> "the world will change". Goal: 600 million Lisp programmers!!

10% of ~6600 millions is ~660 millions, why are the 60 millions
missing?
Hm Old trick underestimate the goals to receive credit for lesser
achievements.