From: localhost
Subject: Hunchentoot - Debugging Page Errors
I'm new to lisp web development but I've successfully created several
simple pages with hunchentoot and cl-who. My problem is that once the
pages get more complex, I have trouble tracking my programming errors,
as hunchentoot gives a blank "500 Internal Server Error" page. Is
there a way to display more detailed error information?

From: Sacha
Subject: Re: Hunchentoot - Debugging Page Errors
localhost wrote:
> I'm new to lisp web development but I've successfully created several
> simple pages with hunchentoot and cl-who. My problem is that once the
> pages get more complex, I have trouble tracking my programming errors,
> as hunchentoot gives a blank "500 Internal Server Error" page. Is
> there a way to display more detailed error information?

The information is available in the documentation.
Here is what i use :

(setf *show-lisp-errors-p* T)
(setf *show-lisp-backtraces-p* T)

You might want to ask such questions on the hunchentoot mailing list
though as this is taken from an older project of mine.

Sacha
From: Timofei Shatrov
On Fri, 27 Jul 2007 19:51:28 GMT, Sacha <ยทยทยทยท@address.spam> tried to confuse
everyone with this message:

>localhost wrote:
>> I'm new to lisp web development but I've successfully created several
>> simple pages with hunchentoot and cl-who. My problem is that once the
>> pages get more complex, I have trouble tracking my programming errors,
>> as hunchentoot gives a blank "500 Internal Server Error" page. Is
>> there a way to display more detailed error information?
>>

>The information is available in the documentation.
>Here is what i use :
>
>(setf *show-lisp-errors-p* T)
>(setf *show-lisp-backtraces-p* T)
>
>You might want to ask such questions on the hunchentoot mailing list
>though as this is taken from an older project of mine.

Wow, this looks useful. I used (setf *catch-errors-p* nil), which is a bit
annoying, though probably is also useful for finer debugging.

--
|Don't believe this - you're not worthless              ,gr---------.ru
|It's us against millions and we can't take them all... |  ue     il   |
|But we can take them on!                               |     @ma      |
|                       (A Wilhelm Scream - The Rip)    |______________|