From: Chris Khoo
Subject: Recompiling SBCL from source for Windows
Hi everyone

In case anyone is interested, I've written an in-depth post about
recompiling SBCL from source.

This is mainly to get rid of the "kitten of death" message if you want to
compile your Lisp app into an executable.  Albeit a 20+MB executable, but it
loads fairly quick (much quicker than any .NET or Java application anyhow).
Plus if you're into the "latest and greatest", you can compile 1.0.7 for
your use on Windows.

http://technologyisart.blogspot.com/2007/07/recompile-sbcl-from-source-on-windows.html

http://technologyisart.blogspot.com/2007/07/creating-executable-from-sbcl.html

BTW, I don't understand - where are all the trolls in this group I keep
reading about?  Other than someone who told me to go away in one post,
people are pretty good, knowledgeable & responsive here.

Chris

From: Christopher Koppler
Subject: Re: Recompiling SBCL from source for Windows
On Jul 22, 3:05 am, "Chris Khoo" <······@cns-health.com> wrote:

> BTW, I don't understand - where are all the trolls in this group I keep
> reading about?  Other than someone who told me to go away in one post,
> people are pretty good, knowledgeable & responsive here.

Troll holiday break, presumably short-lived.
From: Matthew D Swank
On Sat, 21 Jul 2007 23:03:48 -0700, Christopher Koppler wrote:

> On Jul 22, 3:05 am, "Chris Khoo" <······@cns-health.com> wrote:
>
>> BTW, I don't understand - where are all the trolls in this group I keep
>> reading about?  Other than someone who told me to go away in one post,
>> people are pretty good, knowledgeable & responsive here.
>
> Troll holiday break, presumably short-lived.

They've outsourced to Flying Frog Consultancy.

--
"You do not really understand something unless you
 can explain it to your grandmother." — Albert Einstein.
From: Ken Tilton
Chris Khoo wrote:
> BTW, I don't understand - where are all the trolls in this group I keep
> reading about?

<sigh> Some definitions you seem to lack: The ones saying "go away" are
the ones who can help you. Trolls are the ones saying "I installed Lisp
an hour ago and had this great idea with which I would like to fascinate
a group of people who have been using Lisp for ten years and know all
about Python". We had a really bad example of this here recently, you
can prob find it in Google groups. I hear they use Python, Like you
should be doing, it has significant white space.

>  Other than someone who told me to go away...

I hate being misquoted. What i said was, "Die! Die you unworthy scum!"

> in one post,
> people are pretty good, knowledgeable & responsive here.

Be a good chap and try not to drag down the average.

kenny