From: Guillaume
Subject: Name of the folding arguments
Hi,

What are the standard name for the folding functions ?
foldr / foldf ?

And the 'thing' to use when foldX reach the end of the list in :
(foldr function list WHATEVER)

I don't know much about Lisp but I'm trying to mimic its lingo with C++
meta-programming.

Thanks for your time.

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Subject: Re: Name of the folding arguments
Guillaume <ยทยท@vaila.ble> writes:

> Hi,
>
> What are the standard name for the folding functions ?
> foldr / foldf ?
>
> And the 'thing' to use when foldX reach the end of the list in :
> (foldr function list WHATEVER)
>
> I don't know much about Lisp but I'm trying to mimic its lingo with C++
> meta-programming.
>
> Thanks for your time.

REDUCE (check the :FROM-END parameter).
http://www.lispworks.com/reference/HyperSpec/Body/f_reduce.htm

NOTE: The most fundamental particles in this product are held
together by a "gluing" force about which little is currently known
and whose adhesive power can therefore not be permanently
guaranteed.
From: Guillaume
On Mon, 16 Jul 2007 21:59:03 +0200, Pascal Bourguignon wrote:
> REDUCE (check the :FROM-END parameter).
> http://www.lispworks.com/reference/HyperSpec/Body/f_reduce.htm

bookmarked, thanks.