From: Mark Tarver
Subject: a small correction
Google being an absolute pile of crap has seen fit to display my small
correction as a blank thus mimicking whatever state of mind existed
when its implementors devised it.   I wouldn't
get annoyed except that errors in this program are common and this
company makes a lot of
money in advertising from Usenet.   The errors never seem to get
fixed.  I think Google are getting big company disease.  X-(

OK; for the third time

This line of Qi should have been

[* A [* B C]] -> [* [* A B] C]

instead of

[* A [* B C]] -> [[A * B] * C]

post-editing infix to prefix I missed this.

However its not very important - on re-running timings remain
unchanged.

Mark

From: Slobodan Blazeski
Subject: Re: a small correction
On Jul 10, 12:43 pm, Mark Tarver <··········@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
> Google being an absolute pile of crap has seen fit to display my small
> correction as a blank thus mimicking whatever state of mind existed
> when its implementors devised it.   I wouldn't
> get annoyed except that errors in this program are common and this
> company makes a lot of
> money in advertising from Usenet.   The errors never seem to get
> fixed.  I think Google are getting big company disease.  X-(
>
> OK; for the third time
>
> This line of Qi should have been
>
> [* A [* B C]] -> [* [* A B] C]
>
> instead of
>
> [* A [* B C]] -> [[A * B] * C]
>
> post-editing infix to prefix I missed this.
>
> However its not very important - on re-running timings remain
> unchanged.
>
> Mark

It's bad that Google don't  listen to it's users. I wanted to write
Google that they should include a paste like version in the  google
groups comp.* as users usually paste code, something with more width,
fixed font  and WYSIWYG line break, but I don't know who to write to
or are they interested in listening.
From: Mark Tarver
On 10 Jul, 12:22, Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Jul 10, 12:43 pm, Mark Tarver <··········@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
>

> > Google being an absolute pile of crap has seen fit to display my small
> > correction as a blank thus mimicking whatever state of mind existed
> > when its implementors devised it.   I wouldn't
> > get annoyed except that errors in this program are common and this
> > company makes a lot of
> > money in advertising from Usenet.   The errors never seem to get
> > fixed.  I think Google are getting big company disease.  X-(
>
> > OK; for the third time
>
> > This line of Qi should have been
>
> > [* A [* B C]] -> [* [* A B] C]
>
> > instead of
>
> > [* A [* B C]] -> [[A * B] * C]
>
> > post-editing infix to prefix I missed this.
>
> > However its not very important - on re-running timings remain
> > unchanged.
>
> > Mark
>
> It's bad that Google don't  listen to it's users. I wanted to write
> Google that they should include a paste like version in the  google
> groups comp.* as users usually paste code, something with more width,
> fixed font  and WYSIWYG line break, but I don't know who to write to
> or are they interested in listening.- Hide quoted text -

I get the impression they don't care much because I see the same
errors coming up e,g, '4 messages in 0 minutes' (infinite speed?).
Cross-posting often fails - as it did in my previous post.  This is
what I mean about big company disease - being a monopoly supplier
means you can ignore the consumer.

Mark
From: Bruno Desthuilliers
j.oke a �crit :
> On Jul 10, 12:51 pm, Mark Tarver <··········@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
>
>>[...]
>>means you can ignore the consumer.
>>
>>Mark
>

> I'm not so sure who should be blamed, maybe it's just Py.

What is 'Py' ?

> As
> complexity grows, there are really few languages able to catch up with
> new/old/unexpected errors.
>
> Currently I'm noticing a continuous error rise in both 'comp.lang.*'

err... Isn't that a usenet (sub)hierarchy ?

> and 'proggit', both known for heavy Py usage.

I didn't know that usenet - or at least part of it - was "known for
heavy Py usage" (what ever 'Py' might be).
From: Chris Barts
Mark Tarver <··········@ukonline.co.uk> wrote on Tuesday 10 July 2007 04:42
in comp.lang.lisp <························@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com>:

> Google being an absolute pile of crap has seen fit to display my small
> correction as a blank thus mimicking whatever state of mind existed
> when its implementors devised it.

Get a newsreader and a free newsfeed from somewhere. nntp.aioe.org is a very
good news server assuming you don't want binary groups.

--
My address happens to be com (dot) gmail (at) usenet (plus) chbarts,
wardsback and translated.