From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: All hail the glorious, the magnificent Kenny
Well, I promised I would give him all the credit.

http://random-state.net/log/3392575526.html

So that was fast.  Congratulations on single-handedly making Lisp
popular.

I eagerly await your acceptance speech.

 -jimbo

From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Re: All hail the glorious, the magnificent Kenny
········@gmail.com wrote:
> Well, I promised I would give him all the credit.
>
> http://random-state.net/log/3392575526.html
>
> So that was fast.  Congratulations on single-handedly making Lisp
> popular.
>
> I eagerly await your acceptance speech.

I am just a simple application programmer.

hth, kenny

---
"I am just a simple monk."
     -- His Holiness the Dalai Lama
From: OMouse
On Jul 5, 11:02 am, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> ········@gmail.com wrote:
> > Well, I promised I would give him all the credit.
>
> >http://random-state.net/log/3392575526.html
>
> > So that was fast.  Congratulations on single-handedly making Lisp
> > popular.
>
> > I eagerly await your acceptance speech.
>
> I am just a simple application programmer.

Oh come on! We expect something better than that :P Your fans await!
Astonish them with fluid symbols proclaiming your triumph over the
Python and Ruby hordes that were at the gates. Tell them all about
your quest to the lands of Java where the coffee was tasty but the
people weren't.
From: ········@gmail.com
On Jul 5, 12:05 pm, OMouse <······@gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh come on! We expect something better than that :P Your fans await!
> Astonish them with fluid symbols proclaiming your triumph over the
> Python and Ruby hordes that were at the gates. Tell them all about
> your quest to the lands of Java where the coffee was tasty but the
> people weren't.

Would you speak that way to the Dalai Lama?

 -jimbo
From: OMouse
········@gmail.com wrote:
> Would you speak that way to the Dalai Lama?

Yes I would.
From: Ken Tilton
OMouse wrote:
> On Jul 5, 11:02 am, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>········@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>>>Well, I promised I would give him all the credit.
>>
>>>http://random-state.net/log/3392575526.html
>>
>>>So that was fast.  Congratulations on single-handedly making Lisp
>>>popular.
>>
>>>I eagerly await your acceptance speech.
>>
>>I am just a simple application programmer.
>>

> Oh come on! We expect something better than that :P Your fans await!
> Astonish them with fluid symbols proclaiming your triumph over the
> Python and Ruby hordes that were at the gates. Tell them all about
> your quest to the lands of Java where the coffee was tasty but the
> people weren't.

What part of false modesty do you not understand? Besides, credit simply
goes to McCarthy, who simply Got It Right.

Paul Graham gets credit for a slight steepening of the curve.

I get credit for nothing, no one listens to me. cf. Cells.

kt
From: Thomas F. Burdick
On Jul 5, 7:15 pm, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> OMouse wrote:

> >>I am just a simple application programmer.
>
> > Oh come on! We expect something better than that :P Your fans await!
> > Astonish them with fluid symbols proclaiming your triumph over the
> > Python and Ruby hordes that were at the gates. Tell them all about
> > your quest to the lands of Java where the coffee was tasty but the
> > people weren't.
>
> What part of false modesty do you not understand? Besides, credit simply
> goes to McCarthy, who simply Got It Right.
>
> Paul Graham gets credit for a slight steepening of the curve.
>
> I get credit for nothing, no one listens to me. cf. Cells.

Kenny, have you looked at those graphs?  CLISP, ECL, SBCL ... if you
were to somehow get credit for their growth rates, wouldn't that be a
bit like the monkey's paw's answer to your asking for credit?
From: Ken Tilton
Thomas F. Burdick wrote:
> On Jul 5, 7:15 pm, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>OMouse wrote:

>>>Oh come on! We expect something better than that :P Your fans await!
>>>Astonish them with fluid symbols proclaiming your triumph over the
>>>Python and Ruby hordes that were at the gates. Tell them all about
>>>your quest to the lands of Java where the coffee was tasty but the
>>>people weren't.
>>
>>What part of false modesty do you not understand? Besides, credit simply
>>goes to McCarthy, who simply Got It Right.
>>
>>Paul Graham gets credit for a slight steepening of the curve.
>>
>>I get credit for nothing, no one listens to me. cf. Cells.
>

> Kenny, have you looked at those graphs?  CLISP, ECL, SBCL ... if you
> were to somehow get credit for their growth rates, wouldn't that be a
> bit like the monkey's paw's answer to your asking for credit?

You are right, the monkeys deseve some credit, too.

kt
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Jul 5, 4:32 pm, ········@gmail.com wrote:
> Well, I promised I would give him all the credit.
>
> http://random-state.net/log/3392575526.html
>
> So that was fast.  Congratulations on single-handedly making Lisp
> popular.
>
> I eagerly await your acceptance speech.
>
>  -jimbo

Not bad, not bad at all though it  could be much better with audience
frenetically clapping, girls screaming & fans yelling "Kenny , Kenny"
at the Kodak Theatre. Don't forgeth the proper lighting & Anna
Kournikova as a presenter, she could take a brake from implementing
light weight processes in OpenMCL.
It's all about style Jimbo, all about style.
From: ········@gmail.com
On Jul 6, 5:02 am, Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Not bad, not bad at all though it  could be much better with audience
> frenetically clapping, girls screaming & fans yelling "Kenny , Kenny"
> at the Kodak Theatre. Don't forgeth the proper lighting & Anna
> Kournikova as a presenter, she could take a brake from implementing
> light weight processes in OpenMCL.
> It's all about style Jimbo, all about style.

You say that as if it would be out of the ordinary compared to Kenny's
every day life.

 -jimbo