From: ·············@gmail.com
Subject: newbie: plisp install questions
Hi,

I am trying to generate some graphics, and thought plisp would a nice
way to go.

I am running GNU clisp 2.41 on cygwin & windows XP and slime on emacs

I downloaded a plisp distribution and went to the compile directory.
I can evaluate the plisp-compile.lisp up to a point.  Here it wants to
compile a bunch of files which it cannot find.  Here is the command

(let ((dir "common-lisp/"))
    (dolist (x '("bind" "control" "functional" "lisp-util"
		 "loop" "mvalues" "numeric" "for"))
      (load (concatenate 'string dir x))))

I looked for these files in my plisp and clisp directories and could
not find them.

I know that plisp is pretty old (but slightly less than ps), so does
that mean that it is using non-standard lisp functions? The puzzling
thing is that some of these (for, loop) are standard lisp commands.

Thanks for suggestions or pointers,

Mirko

From: GP lisper
Subject: Re: newbie: plisp install questions
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 16:49:38 -0700, <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am trying to generate some graphics, and thought plisp would a nice
> way to go.

It seems fun so far.

> (let ((dir "common-lisp/"))

so you should have a folder named 'common-lisp' within the plisp
folder, or you unpacked the archive incorrectly.

--
There are no average Common Lisp programmers

> On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 16:49:38 -0700, <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I am trying to generate some graphics, and thought plisp would a nice
> > way to go.
>
> It seems fun so far.
>
> > (let ((dir "common-lisp/"))
>
> so you should have a folder named 'common-lisp' within the plisp
> folder, or you unpacked the archive incorrectly.
>
> --
> There are no average Common Lisp programmers

Yep, you're right.  I double checked the original archive and there is
a common-lisp subdirectory.  I don't know how I did not un-pack it.

Thanks.

Mirko