From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: New web framework for Lisp
http://www.defmacro.org/ramblings/weblocks-demo.html

Could be interesting.  Not much commentary yet, but access to the code
is availabe through darcs.

http://sources.defmacro.org/cl-weblocks

Says it's built on Hunchentoot and CL-WHO running on SBCL.

 -jimbo

From: Chris Parker
Subject: Re: New web framework for Lisp
On Jul 3, 12:01 pm, ········@gmail.com wrote:
> http://www.defmacro.org/ramblings/weblocks-demo.html
>
> Could be interesting.  Not much commentary yet, but access to the code
> is availabe through darcs.
>
> http://sources.defmacro.org/cl-weblocks
>
> Says it's built on Hunchentoot and CL-WHO running on SBCL.
>
>  -jimbo

It IS very interesting.  Check out the weblocks-demo and see how easy
it is to create an app.  I could definitely see writing apps using
this framework.
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Jul 3, 8:37 pm, Chris Parker <··········@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 3, 12:01 pm, ········@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >http://www.defmacro.org/ramblings/weblocks-demo.html
>
> > Could be interesting.  Not much commentary yet, but access to the code
> > is availabe through darcs.
>
> >http://sources.defmacro.org/cl-weblocks
>
> > Says it's built on Hunchentoot and CL-WHO running on SBCL.
>
> >  -jimbo
>
> It IS very interesting.  Check out the weblocks-demo and see how easy
> it is to create an app.  I could definitely see writing apps using
> this framework.

Looks very interesthing indeed.  Could anybody send me the archive
(tar,zip  whatever) of the  files in the repository as I'm  not a
darcs user. My mail is real or upload it somewhere.

Thanks

Slobodan
From: Matthew Swank
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 07:28:46 +0000, Slobodan Blazeski wrote:

> On Jul 3, 8:37 pm, Chris Parker <··········@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 3, 12:01 pm, ········@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.defmacro.org/ramblings/weblocks-demo.html
>>
>> > Could be interesting.  Not much commentary yet, but access to the code
>> > is availabe through darcs.
>>
>> >http://sources.defmacro.org/cl-weblocks
>>

> Looks very interesthing indeed.  Could anybody send me the archive
> (tar,zip  whatever) of the  files in the repository as I'm  not a
> darcs user. My mail is real or upload it somewhere.

cl-darcs seems to work well enough to check out projects:
http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-darcs/

Matt

--
"You do not really understand something unless you
 can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein.
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Jul 4, 10:02 am, Matthew Swank
<································@c.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 07:28:46 +0000, Slobodan Blazeski wrote:

> > Looks very interesthing indeed.  Could anybody send me the archive
> > (tar,zip  whatever) of the  files in the repository as I'm  not a
> > darcs user. My mail is real or upload it somewhere.
>
> cl-darcs seems to work well enough to check out projects:http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-darcs/
>
> Matt
>
> --
> "You do not really understand something unless you
>  can explain it to your grandmother." - Albert Einstein.

It has too many dependencies that I'm not interested in,
  :depends-on (:split-sequence
	       ;; HTTP client
	       :aserve
	       :trivial-gray-streams
	       ;; SHA1, hex etc
	       :ironclad
	       ;; Ironclad's SHA1 doesn't work with CLISP yet
	       #+clisp :sb-sha1
	       ;; Files and directories
	       :cl-fad
	       ;; Regexps
	       :cl-ppcre
	       ;; Diff
	       :cl-difflib)
so if someone could just mail or post tar that would be great.

thanks
Slobodan Blazeski
From: Maciek Pasternacki
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 01:42:16 -0700
Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > Looks very interesthing indeed.  Could anybody send me the archive
> > > (tar,zip  whatever) of the  files in the repository as I'm  not a
> > > darcs user. My mail is real or upload it somewhere.
> >
> > cl-darcs seems to work well enough to check out
> > projects:http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-darcs/
>
> It has too many dependencies that I'm not interested in,
[...]
> so if someone could just mail or post tar that would be great.

You can just download whole directory, and ignore _darcs subdir.
Use wget -m -np http://sources.defmacro.org/cl-weblocks (there is wget.exe
for windows -- just google it).

--
Maciek Pasternacki <·······@japhy.fnord.org> [ http://japhy.fnord.org ]
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Jul 5, 1:43 am, Maciek Pasternacki <·······@japhy.fnord.org> wrote:

> > > cl-darcs seems to work well enough to check out
> > > projects:http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-darcs/
>
> > It has too many dependencies that I'm not interested in,
> [...]
> > so if someone could just mail or post tar that would be great.
>
> You can just download whole directory, and ignore _darcs subdir.
> Use wget -m -nphttp://sources.defmacro.org/cl-weblocks(there is wget.exe
> for windows -- just google it).
>
> --
> Maciek Pasternacki <·······@japhy.fnord.org> [http://japhy.fnord.org]

I have a mixed experience with Cygwin , but I will try once again.
Thanks everybody.

Slobodan
From: Timofei Shatrov
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 00:09:47 -0700, Slobodan Blazeski
<·················@gmail.com> tried to confuse everyone with this message:

>On Jul 5, 1:43 am, Maciek Pasternacki <·······@japhy.fnord.org> wrote:

>> > It has too many dependencies that I'm not interested in,
>> [...]
>> > so if someone could just mail or post tar that would be great.
>>
>> You can just download whole directory, and ignore _darcs subdir.
>> Use wget -m -nphttp://sources.defmacro.org/cl-weblocks(there is wget.exe
>> for windows -- just google it).
>>
>> --
>> Maciek Pasternacki <·······@japhy.fnord.org> [http://japhy.fnord.org]
>
>I have a mixed experience with Cygwin , but I will try once again.

http://www.google.com/search?q=wget+windows

Where did you see Cygwin here?

--
|Don't believe this - you're not worthless              ,gr---------.ru
|It's us against millions and we can't take them all... |  ue     il   |
|But we can take them on!                               |     @ma      |
|                       (A Wilhelm Scream - The Rip)    |______________|
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Jul 5, 9:37 am, ····@mail.ru (Timofei Shatrov) wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 00:09:47 -0700, Slobodan Blazeski
> <·················@gmail.com> tried to confuse everyone with this message:
>

> >On Jul 5, 1:43 am, Maciek Pasternacki <·······@japhy.fnord.org> wrote:

> >> [...]
>
> >> You can just download whole directory, and ignore _darcs subdir.
> >> Use wget -m -nphttp://sources.defmacro.org/cl-weblocks(thereis wget.exe
> >> for windows -- just google it).
>
> >> --
> >> Maciek Pasternacki <·······@japhy.fnord.org> [http://japhy.fnord.org]
>
> >I have a mixed experience with Cygwin , but I will try once again.
>
> http://www.google.com/search?q=wget+windows
>
> Where did you see Cygwin here?

I didn't searched, read that from the previous post.But nevermind
it's installed now, probably I gonna need that for something else.

From: Edi Weitz
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 00:09:47 -0700, Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a mixed experience with Cygwin , but I will try once again.

You don't need Cygwin, there's a Win32 native version of wget.  Try
this exciting new thing called Google.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Jul 5, 9:17 am, Edi Weitz <········@agharta.de> wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 00:09:47 -0700, Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have a mixed experience with Cygwin , but I will try once again.
>
> You don't need Cygwin, there's a Win32 native version of wget.  Try
> this exciting new thing called Google.
>
> --
>
> Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.
>
> Real email: (replace (subseq ·········@agharta.de" 5) "edi")

I already downloaded the defmacro site with native version , but I
thought it needs some services from cygwin so I installed it too.
Weird that some files are strange ··········@C=D;O=A but it looks like
those are unneeded.

cheers
Slobodan
From: Maciek Pasternacki
On Sweetmorn, Confusion 40, 3173 YOLD, Slobodan Blazeski
<·················@gmail.com> wrote:

> I already downloaded the defmacro site with native version , but I
> thought it needs some services from cygwin so I installed it too.
> Weird that some files are strange ··········@C=D;O=A but it looks like
> those are unneeded.

Those are not needed.  These are fake HTML files that HTTP server sends so
that your browser knows which files are there.

--
__    Maciek Pasternacki <·······@japhy.fnord.org> [ http://japhy.fnord.org/ ]
`| _   |_\  / { ...as Mao Tsu says,
From: Pascal Bourguignon
Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> writes:

> On Jul 3, 8:37 pm, Chris Parker <··········@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Jul 3, 12:01 pm, ········@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.defmacro.org/ramblings/weblocks-demo.html
>>
>> > Could be interesting.  Not much commentary yet, but access to the code
>> > is availabe through darcs.
>>
>> >http://sources.defmacro.org/cl-weblocks
>>
>> > Says it's built on Hunchentoot and CL-WHO running on SBCL.
>>
>> >  -jimbo
>>
>> It IS very interesting.  Check out the weblocks-demo and see how easy
>> it is to create an app.  I could definitely see writing apps using
>> this framework.
>
> Looks very interesthing indeed.  Could anybody send me the archive
> (tar,zip  whatever) of the  files in the repository as I'm  not a
> darcs user. My mail is real or upload it somewhere.

You don't need to be a darcs user to "checkout" a darcs repository
published on the web, because they're just files to be copied.

   wget -m --no-parent http://sources.defmacro.org/cl-weblocks

is all you need.

NOTE: The most fundamental particles in this product are held
together by a "gluing" force about which little is currently known
and whose adhesive power can therefore not be permanently
guaranteed.
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Jul 4, 2:35 pm, Pascal Bourguignon <····@informatimago.com> wrote:
> Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> writes:

> >> It IS very interesting.  Check out the weblocks-demo and see how easy
> >> it is to create an app.  I could definitely see writing apps using
> >> this framework.
>
> > Looks very interesthing indeed.  Could anybody send me the archive
> > (tar,zip  whatever) of the  files in the repository as I'm  not a
> > darcs user. My mail is real or upload it somewhere.
>
> You don't need to be a darcs user to "checkout" a darcs repository
> published on the web, because they're just files to be copied.
>
>    wget -m --no-parenthttp://sources.defmacro.org/cl-weblocks
>
> is all you need.
>
> --
> __Pascal Bourguignon__                    http://www.informatimago.com/
>
> NOTE: The most fundamental particles in this product are held
> together by a "gluing" force about which little is currently known
> and whose adhesive power can therefore not be permanently
> guaranteed.

I wonder why that doesn't work.  Let me see, Hm, because I'm using a
windows?
Looks like  would have to download manually.
From: Edi Weitz
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 06:51:23 -0700, Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:

> I wonder why that doesn't work.  Let me see, Hm, because I'm using a
> windows?

No, because you don't have wget.  It's available for Windows and works
quite well there.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: Pascal Bourguignon
Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> writes:

> On Jul 4, 2:35 pm, Pascal Bourguignon <····@informatimago.com> wrote:
>> Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> writes:

>> > Looks very interesthing indeed.  Could anybody send me the archive
>> > (tar,zip  whatever) of the  files in the repository as I'm  not a
>> > darcs user. My mail is real or upload it somewhere.
>>
>> You don't need to be a darcs user to "checkout" a darcs repository
>> published on the web, because they're just files to be copied.
>>
>>    wget -m --no-parenthttp://sources.defmacro.org/cl-weblocks
>>
>> is all you need.
>>
>> --
>> __Pascal Bourguignon__                    http://www.informatimago.com/
>>
>> NOTE: The most fundamental particles in this product are held
>> together by a "gluing" force about which little is currently known
>> and whose adhesive power can therefore not be permanently
>> guaranteed.
>
> I wonder why that doesn't work.  Let me see, Hm, because I'm using a
> windows?
> Looks like  would have to download manually.

wget works perfectly on MS-Windows.
First download: http://www.cygwin.com/setup.exe
and use it to install wget.

From: ······@gmail.com
On Jul 3, 8:01 pm, ········@gmail.com wrote:
> http://www.defmacro.org/ramblings/weblocks-demo.html
>
> Could be interesting.  Not much commentary yet, but access to the code
> is availabe through darcs.
>
> http://sources.defmacro.org/cl-weblocks
>
> Says it's built on Hunchentoot and CL-WHO running on SBCL.
>
>  -jimbo

I couldn't find at the site or in the code any indication as to the
license it is released under. Any ideas?
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Jul 5, 11:02 am, ······@gmail.com wrote:
> On Jul 3, 8:01 pm, ········@gmail.com wrote:
>
> >http://www.defmacro.org/ramblings/weblocks-demo.html
>
> > Could be interesting.  Not much commentary yet, but access to the code
> > is availabe through darcs.
>
> >http://sources.defmacro.org/cl-weblocks
>
> > Says it's built on Hunchentoot and CL-WHO running on SBCL.
>
> >  -jimbo
>
> I couldn't find at the site or in the code any indication as to the
> license it is released under. Any ideas?

Looks like GPL .

;;;; -*- Mode: Lisp; Syntax: ANSI-Common-Lisp; Base: 10 -*-
(defpackage #:weblocks-asd
 (:use :cl :asdf))

(in-package :weblocks-asd)

(defsystem weblocks
 :name "weblocks"
 :version "0.0.1"
 :maintainer "Slava Akhmechet"
 :author "Slava Akhmechet"
 :licence "GPL"
 :description "A Common Lisp web framework."
 :depends-on ("closer-mop" "metatilities" "hunchentoot" "cl-who" "cl-
ppcre" "cl-json" "puri")
 :components ((:file "weblocks")
           (:file "utils"
              :depends-on ("weblocks"))
           (:file "linguistic"
              :depends-on ("weblocks"))
           (:file "page-template"
              :depends-on ("weblocks" "utils"))
           (:file "actions"
              :depends-on ("weblocks" "utils"))
           (:file "debug-mode"
              :depends-on ("weblocks" "actions"))
           (:file "request-hooks"
              :depends-on ("weblocks"))
           (:file "request-handler"
              :depends-on ("weblocks" "utils" "page-template" "debug-
mode" "actions" "request-hooks"))
           (:module blocks
            :components ((:file "suggest")
                     (:file "isearch"))
            :depends-on ("weblocks"))
           (:module renderers
            :components ((:file "renderer-output-utils")
                     (:file "data-renderer"
                      :depends-on ("renderer-output-utils"))
                     (:file "form-renderer"
                      :depends-on ("renderer-output-utils"))
                     (:file "table-renderer"
                      :depends-on ("renderer-output-utils")))
            :depends-on ("weblocks" "utils"))
           (:module form-management
            :components ((:file "validation")
                     (:file "form-parsers"
                      :depends-on ("validation"))
                     (:file "request-object-mapping"
                      :depends-on ("validation" "form-parsers")))
            :depends-on ("utils"))
           (:module widgets
            :components ((:file "widget")
                     (:file "flash"
                      :depends-on ("widget"))
                     (:file "dataform"
                      :depends-on ("widget"))
                     (:module datagrid
                          :components ((:file "datagrid"
                                  :depends-on ("filter" "sort"
"select"))
                               (:file "filter")
                               (:file "sort")
                               (:file "select"))
                          :depends-on ("widget"))
                     (:file "gridedit"
                      :depends-on ("datagrid" "dataform"))
                     (:file "paging"
                      :depends-on ("widget"))
                     (:file "composite"
                      :depends-on ("widget"))
                     (:file "navigation"
                      :depends-on ("composite" "widget")))
            :depends-on (blocks renderers
                        form-management "request-handler" "utils"
"actions" "server"))
           (:module data-types
            :components ((:file "us-states"))
            :depends-on (renderers blocks))
           (:file "server"
              :depends-on (weblocks))))
From: Timofei Shatrov
On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 04:20:11 -0700, Slobodan Blazeski
<·················@gmail.com> tried to confuse everyone with this message:

>On Jul 5, 11:02 am, ······@gmail.com wrote:
>> On Jul 3, 8:01 pm, ········@gmail.com wrote:
>>
>> >http://www.defmacro.org/ramblings/weblocks-demo.html
>>
>> > Could be interesting.  Not much commentary yet, but access to the code
>> > is availabe through darcs.
>>
>> >http://sources.defmacro.org/cl-weblocks
>>
>> > Says it's built on Hunchentoot and CL-WHO running on SBCL.
>>
>> >  -jimbo
>>
>> I couldn't find at the site or in the code any indication as to the
>> license it is released under. Any ideas?
>
>Looks like GPL .

<snip code>

Oh noes! You just sucked the whole newsgroup into GPL! ;)

From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Jul 5, 5:47 pm, ····@mail.ru (Timofei Shatrov) wrote:
> On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 04:20:11 -0700, Slobodan Blazeski
> <·················@gmail.com> tried to confuse everyone with this message:

> >> I couldn't find at the site or in the code any indication as to the
> >> license it is released under. Any ideas?
>
> >Looks like GPL .
>
> <snip code>
>
> Oh noes! You just sucked the whole newsgroup into GPL! ;)
>
> --
> |Don't believe this - you're not worthless              ,gr---------.ru
> |It's us against millions and we can't take them all... |  ue     il   |
> |But we can take them on!                               |     @ma      |
> |                       (A Wilhelm Scream - The Rip)    |______________|

You have to honour the authors decision even if it sucks. Maybe he
wants to make some business with dual licensing or something like
that. His site says that he quit his job so maybe he wants to start a
lisp business. Anyway we shall see.

Slobodan
From: Timofei Shatrov
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 00:03:39 -0700, Slobodan Blazeski
<·················@gmail.com> tried to confuse everyone with this message:

>On Jul 5, 5:47 pm, ····@mail.ru (Timofei Shatrov) wrote:
>> On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 04:20:11 -0700, Slobodan Blazeski
>> <·················@gmail.com> tried to confuse everyone with this message:

>> >Looks like GPL .
>>
>> <snip code>
>>
>> Oh noes! You just sucked the whole newsgroup into GPL! ;)
>
>You have to honour the authors decision even if it sucks. Maybe he
>wants to make some business with dual licensing or something like
>that. His site says that he quit his job so maybe he wants to start a
>lisp business. Anyway we shall see.

Well, for a web application the license choice doesn't matter much, because you
can reap the benefits out of it without distributing it around. You can close
source your version of Weblocks unless you decide to share it with others.

From: ······@gmail.com
On Jul 6, 12:03 pm, ····@mail.ru (Timofei Shatrov) wrote:

> Well, for a web application the license choice doesn't matter much, because you
> can reap the benefits out of it without distributing it around. You can close
> source your version of Weblocks unless you decide to share it with others.

Wasn't the new version of GPL supposed to close this option for web
servers?

Anyway I was only interested since I'm at the moment doing something
pretty similar
(although not based on a php lib and using a different OODB -
rucksack), so I was
curious when another hunchentoot-cl-who-oodb web framework has popped
up.
I guess if it's GPL I'll just look at the features and general feel
without reading the code then. (I'd like, if something useful comes
out
of my efforts, to be able to stick BSD license on it.)
From: George Neuner
On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 02:17:52 -0700, ······@gmail.com wrote:

>On Jul 6, 12:03 pm, ····@mail.ru (Timofei Shatrov) wrote:
>>
>> Well, for a web application the license choice doesn't matter much, because you
>> can reap the benefits out of it without distributing it around. You can close
>> source your version of Weblocks unless you decide to share it with others.
>
>Wasn't the new version of GPL supposed to close this option for web
>servers?

I think so.

There is debate in legal circles over exactly which license is meant
when the author says simply "GPL" (as too many do).  Unqualified, it
could refer either to the current version or to the version that was
in force at the time of the code release (hard to determine because
FSF has erased that bit of history from its web site).  Since the
latest GPL version is not compatible with previous versions and
prevents combining code released under different licenses, without
further direction from the code's author as to her intent, a lawyer
should advise against any use of the code because its license is
ambiguous.

George
p.s. GPL v3 sucks !!!
--
for email reply remove "/" from address
From: David Golden
George Neuner wrote:

>>Wasn't the new version of GPL supposed to close this option for web
>>servers?
>
> I think so.

At one stage, the GPLv3 drafters were considering it. It didn't
make it through the drafting process, as far as I know, though
a clause allowing mixing of GPLv3 and AGPL code (which DOES [try to]
cover web service source provision) was inserted.
From: Slobodan Blazeski
On Jul 6, 11:03 am, ····@mail.ru (Timofei Shatrov) wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Jul 2007 00:03:39 -0700, Slobodan Blazeski
> <·················@gmail.com> tried to confuse everyone with this message:
>

> >On Jul 5, 5:47 pm, ····@mail.ru (Timofei Shatrov) wrote:
> >> On Thu, 05 Jul 2007 04:20:11 -0700, Slobodan Blazeski
> >> <·················@gmail.com> tried to confuse everyone with this message:

> >> <snip code>
>
> >> Oh noes! You just sucked the whole newsgroup into GPL! ;)
>
> >You have to honour the authors decision even if it sucks. Maybe he
> >wants to make some business with dual licensing or something like
> >that. His site says that he quit his job so maybe he wants to start a
> >lisp business. Anyway we shall see.
>
> Well, for a web application the license choice doesn't matter much, because you
> can reap the benefits out of it without distributing it around. You can close
> source your version of Weblocks unless you decide to share it with others.
>
> --
> |Don't believe this - you're not worthless              ,gr---------.ru
> |It's us against millions and we can't take them all... |  ue     il   |
> |But we can take them on!                               |     @ma      |
> |                       (A Wilhelm Scream - The Rip)    |______________|- Hide quoted text -

What about clients who want you app on their own server? You app is
leaving the house so you must release all of the code.
From: CoffeeMug
> Looks like GPL .
I want to make clear that Weblocks is released under LLGPL (LGPL with
Franz's Lisp preamble), *not* under GPL. I placed 'GPL' as a
placeholder because I wasn't sure about the licence I wanted to pick.
This is now changed. I've also added licence.txt to the repository.

I now created a project page (http://common-lisp.net/project/cl-
weblocks) that states this explicitly.