From: mark
Subject: SBCL on OpenBSD
Folks,

I'm a happy user of both SBCL and OpenBSD. However, it does not seem to
be possible to run the latest versions of SBCL on OpenBSD, because
there are incompatabilities between SBCL and the memory management in
OpenBSD. Is anyone looking into this problem? If not, I might take a
look myself if someone could explain in details what the exact problem
is and some guidelines how to solve it. It seems to me that we have to
solve this incompatability at some point in time, and better sooner
that later, since SBCL and OpenBSD seem like a perfect combination to
me.

Cheers,
Mark

From: Richard M Kreuter
Subject: Re: SBCL on OpenBSD
"mark" <·············@gmail.com> writes:

> ...there are incompatabilities between SBCL and the memory
> management in OpenBSD. Is anyone looking into this problem?

You're raising this question in the wrong forum.  Try asking on the
SBCL mailing lists, which are linked on the project page:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/sbcl/
From: Ken Tilton
Richard M Kreuter wrote:
> "mark" <·············@gmail.com> writes:
>

>>...there are incompatabilities between SBCL and the memory
>>management in OpenBSD. Is anyone looking into this problem?
>

> You're raising this question in the wrong forum.  Try asking on the
> SBCL mailing lists, which are linked on the project page:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/sbcl/

Maybe he does not like the prickly attitude of the SBCL maintainers.

kt

--
The Dalai Lama gets the same crap all the time.
   -- Kenny Tilton on c.l.l when accused of immodesty
From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
On Sun, 21 Jan 2007 21:14:10 -0500, Richard M Kreuter wrote:

> "mark" <·············@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> ...there are incompatabilities between SBCL and the memory
>> management in OpenBSD. Is anyone looking into this problem?
>
> You're raising this question in the wrong forum.  Try asking on the
> SBCL mailing lists, which are linked on the project page:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/sbcl/

GMANEs front-end to the lists is nice:
  http://news.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.steel-bank.devel
  http://news.gmane.org/gmane.lisp.steel-bank.general

You can also access them via your favorite news-reader -- also using
GMANEs services.

--
Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://nostdal.org/