From: Ken Tilton
Subject: RFE: Project Manager on launch should offer to open last project opened
ACL8/win2, patched weekly:

The project manager seems to use a random number generator (kidding--I
just have not worked out the pattern) to decide which project to offer
as the first in the list, which is the project one then gets if one just
hits enter.

It would be nice if the project offered first was the same as the one I
explicitly opened last time. The current behavior (guessing!) might be
to offer the project owning the last file compiled (ie, maybe every
compile sets "restart project" to the project owning the file).
Plausible, but (if I am right) if the last thing I am doing is working
on some utility file in a nested project, it does not mean that I am no
longer /really/ working on the project I opened.

kt

--
The Dalai Lama gets the same crap all the time.
   -- Kenny Tilton on c.l.l when accused of immodesty

From: ·······@gmail.com
Ken Tilton wrote:
> ACL8/win2, patched weekly:

Kenny,

judging from the amount of answers so far you seem to be the only one
in this newsgroup who uses AllegroCL's IDE.  And that after years of
preaching...

:)

Cheers,
Edi.
From: Ken Tilton
·······@gmail.com wrote:
> Ken Tilton wrote:
>
>>ACL8/win2, patched weekly:
>

> Kenny,
>
> judging from the amount of answers so far you seem to be the only one
> in this newsgroup who uses AllegroCL's IDE.  And that after years of
> preaching...

I am surprised a Lispnik would find it at all interesting when superior
technology* gets ignored. Not moi. I cast the pearls of Cells and the
ACL IDE before you yobbo swine on the off chance someone might benefit
and am neither surprised nor bothered when they do not. I am a simple
application programmer, and my application** is my only concern.

kzo

* Did anyone pick up the implied preaching?: Hang on. Kenny is whining
about not being offered the right project on startup? The IDE rocks so
much that that is all he can think of? btw, I retracted the report
because it seems to have been a fluke: the IDE does do the right thing
after all. Meanwhile Franz tech support is handling everything my
weirdness is unearthing, like symbol-completion on symbols like:

     |Lets see you complete this|

and also making nice tweaks to the editor I suggested after one of the
Python-Lisp flamewars ("hey, why not reindent automatically after a
multi-line paste?"). Nyeah nyeah nyah nyeah nyeah.

** Anyone attending NCTM 2007 (March 21-24, Atlanta) will witness the
ascendance of Lisp when Kenny reveals Tilton's Algebra and pandemonium
breaks out. First-year high school Algebra has become the crux of the
math education crisis, itself the crux of the American education crisis.
This thing rocked in the nineties as a mute B&W C app and now it has
color, sound, graphics, and twice the educational horsepower. Look for
the police to be called in for crowd control around my booth, which
might be on the loading dock since I have not even applied for space
yet. All the Apple people will be looking at 50,000 square feet of empty
carpet wondering what happened. MWUAHAHAHAHAHAA...