From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: About patterns.
Are there any specific Lisp patterns or techniques like OOP patterns
described by GoF, Alexandrescu and others?
Tia.

From: Drew Crampsie
Subject: Re: About patterns.
········@gmail.com writes:

> Are there any specific Lisp patterns or techniques like OOP patterns
> described by GoF, Alexandrescu and others?

I'd say Norvig's "Paradigms of Artificial Intellegence Programming" is
very much a book about lisp 'patterns', though probably not what you
expect.

Cheers,

drewc

> Tia.

(you :wrote  :on '(12 Jan 2007 07:50:26 -0800))
(

 a> Are there any specific Lisp patterns or techniques like OOP patterns
 a> described by GoF, Alexandrescu and others?

take a look at  "Design Patterns in Dynamic Programming" by Peter Norvig

http://norvig.com/design-patterns/

)
"People who lust for the Feel of keys on their fingertips (c) Inity")
From: billc
Alex Mizrahi wrote:
> (message (Hello ·········@gmail.com)
> (you :wrote  :on '(12 Jan 2007 07:50:26 -0800))
> (
>
>  a> Are there any specific Lisp patterns or techniques like OOP patterns
>  a> described by GoF, Alexandrescu and others?
>
> take a look at  "Design Patterns in Dynamic Programming" by Peter Norvig
>
> http://norvig.com/design-patterns/

Also of interest would be Richard Gabriel's book _Patterns of
Software_: http://www.dreamsongs.com/Files/PatternsOfSoftware.pdf

In it, he talks about both Lisp and patterns.

--
Bill Clementson
From: Pascal Bourguignon
········@gmail.com writes:

> Are there any specific Lisp patterns or techniques like OOP patterns
> described by GoF, Alexandrescu and others?

Yes. To get a list of the specific Lisp patterns, use:

      grep -i defmacro *.lisp

"A TRUE Klingon warrior does not comment his code!"
From: Pascal Costanza
········@gmail.com wrote:
> Are there any specific Lisp patterns or techniques like OOP patterns
> described by GoF, Alexandrescu and others?

No, not really. Some of the books about Common Lisp come relatively
close, like Practical Common Lisp, On Lisp and PAIP, maybe others as well.

A collection of Lisp-specific patterns / idioms would indeed be useful.

Pascal

--
My website: http://p-cos.net