From: ··@homeunix.net
Subject: MRP Systems and Lisp
I am looking for information on how to integrate MRP systems and Lisp.
Any such thing exist?

Does it depend mainly on which DBMS the MRP runs?

Thanks

From: hyperstring.net ltd
Subject: Re: MRP Systems and Lisp
··@homeunix.net wrote:
> I am looking for information on how to integrate MRP systems and Lisp.
> Any such thing exist?
>
> Does it depend mainly on which DBMS the MRP runs?
>
> Thanks

Hi there

Yes I think so. It depends what sort of integration you need to do and
on what platform. Perhaps some more details would be of use.

We could certainly do something like this without a doubt - we could
even build an MRP system if required. Lisp is ideally suited to the
parts modelling and explosion required.

Paul
hyperstring.net
From: Frank Goenninger DG1SBG
··@homeunix.net writes:

> I am looking for information on how to integrate MRP systems and Lisp.
> Any such thing exist?

Not as a product or out-of-the-box solution, no - at least I couldn't
find one when searching for such a beast.

We have done this on a commercial basis as a project solution to
integrate EDA (electronic design automation) systems used to design
electronic circuits to ERP systems (well, actually it's just one:
SAP).

> Does it depend mainly on which DBMS the MRP runs?

No. It does depend on the interaction model the MRP system is based
on. There are implications if the system can be triggered from the
outside via an API or not. If no API: DBMS linking is the only
(feasible, IMO) solution.

If an API exists then it depends largely on the fact whether the MRP
system requires a certain model: MRP always client vs. MRP always
server vs. MRP is able to do both...

These are just some basic aspects in this regard. There's much more:
failure case handling, data integrity, blah blah  - the same points
apply for every interface between two applications environments.

It is then a matter of choosing the "right" technology for the
interface - which opens up questions for the platforms involved etc.

If you want to know more - or if I simply misinterpreted your
question: you can always email me at:
fgoenninger -at- prion-group dotty com
or at: frgo -at- mac dotty com.

> Thanks

Hth,

  Frank
From: ················@amstelsec.com
Hi All,
Sorry to intrude
But I wanted to warn you all about Paul Clevett & hyperstring.net

His brother set up a company at the same time & after taking lots of
orders (around 150)
& the full money for these orders Ian Clevett became harder to Contact.
Then the Company closed down (as it is being taken over by
Hyperstring.net - Suprise suprise this is run by Paul Clevett)
Meaning all the people who placed orders loose their money & Ian
Clevett & Paul Clevett just change the company name & carry on Scamming
people.

PLEASE PLEASE AVOID THESE PEOPLE AT ALL COST'S THEY ARE SCAMMERS.
Please save yourself the nightmare I am going through trying to get my
money back off of these people.
Both Campanies have been reported to Trading Standards in the UK & are
being investigated.