From: Richard M Kreuter
Subject: Editors with some support for Lisp?
Howdy,

What editors do folks know have support for Common Lisp syntax?

Not much comes up in a google for editors other than Emacs that
advertise having some support for Lisp (paren balancing, indentation).
I know that some vi implementations do, as would the editors in the
proprietary CLs.  Any others?

(Note: I'm just making a survey.  I'm about as happy with emacs as
somebody can get.)

--
RmK

From: Nathan Baum
Subject: Re: Editors with some support for Lisp?
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 23:42:54 -0500, Richard M Kreuter wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> What editors do folks know have support for Common Lisp syntax?
>
> Not much comes up in a google for editors other than Emacs that
> advertise having some support for Lisp (paren balancing, indentation).
> I know that some vi implementations do, as would the editors in the
> proprietary CLs.  Any others?
>
> (Note: I'm just making a survey.  I'm about as happy with emacs as
> somebody can get.)

Offhand, SCiTE and Kate (for KDE) (and by implication KDevelop). I don't
recall how good they are at indentation, though. Almost certainly not as
good as Emacs or a dedicated Lisp editor.

There are also loads of editors which don't *come with* support for Lisp,
but can be extended with new syntaxes. I imagine there's even third
party Lisp support for Visual Studio, somewhere.
From: Chris Barts
On Mon, 01 Jan 2007 23:42:54 -0500, Richard M Kreuter wrote:

> Howdy,
>
> What editors do folks know have support for Common Lisp syntax?
>
> Not much comes up in a google for editors other than Emacs that
> advertise having some support for Lisp (paren balancing, indentation).
> I know that some vi implementations do, as would the editors in the
> proprietary CLs.  Any others?

Jed operating in Emacs mode has highlighting, auto-indent, and paren
bouncing. I'm sure I could add such features to Nedit, say, or just about
any other programmable editor if I had any reason, making it somewhat
vacuous to claim that Jed really 'supports' Lisp. (Especially compared to
Emacs+Slime, which shows you the form's argument signature in the modeline.)

--
My address happens to be com (dot) gmail (at) usenet (plus) chbarts,
wardsback and translated.

> Howdy,
>
> What editors do folks know have support for Common Lisp syntax?
>
> Not much comes up in a google for editors other than Emacs that
> advertise having some support for Lisp (paren balancing, indentation).
> I know that some vi implementations do, as would the editors in the
> proprietary CLs.  Any others?
>
> (Note: I'm just making a survey.  I'm about as happy with emacs as
> somebody can get.)
>
> --
> RmK

Notepad++ has some support for Lisp.  Certainly syntax highlighting,
indentation and parens matching.  I don't know if it can do 'close parens to
this point' like slime does.
From: Alex Mizrahi
(message (Hello 'Richard)
(you :wrote  :on '(Mon, 01 Jan 2007 23:42:54 -0500))
(

 RM> What editors do folks know have support for Common Lisp syntax?

FAR manager's editor has support for lisp syntax highlighting with help of
colorer plugin (although a bit broken).
i like the FAR manager a lot, so i was going to make a plugin that can work
lisp (there was no SLIME that time, and i found working from Emacs somewhat
sucking).. but didn't do, and then SLIME was invented :)

)
"People who lust for the Feel of keys on their fingertips (c) Inity")
From: Kaz Kylheku
Richard M Kreuter wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> What editors do folks know have support for Common Lisp syntax?

Vim has some basic support:

- :set lisp mode
- syntax highlighting
- indentation (with recognition of some special forms).
- paren matching (old vi feature: %, plus others)
- selection of containing S-exps in visual mode:
  ib - inner block, select just the interior
  ab - include parentheses
- :set showmatch to turn on parenthesis jumping.
- ...?
From: Leonardo Varuzza
Jabberwocky is an IDE for Lisp with a cool name:

http://jabberwocky.sourceforge.net/main.html