From: ············@gmail.com
Subject: Image Data type
I want to load an image from client side and store it on my hard
disk.Do I have to use an image manipulation package or is there any
built in type defined in cl. Plz understand that I dont want to
manipulate the image .Just read and store it and later retrieve it.Is
there any type defined unknown which can take such files of max size
say 200 kb ?

From: Zach Beane
Subject: Re: Image Data type
·············@gmail.com" <············@gmail.com> writes:

> I want to load an image from client side and store it on my hard
> disk.Do I have to use an image manipulation package or is there any
> built in type defined in cl. Plz understand that I dont want to
> manipulate the image .Just read and store it and later retrieve it.Is
> there any type defined unknown which can take such files of max size
> say 200 kb ?

I've used arrays of type (UNSIGNED-BYTE 8) for this sort of
thing. They are usually very efficient to read and write with
READ-SEQUENCE and WRITE-SEQUENCE.

Zach
From: ············@gmail.com
On Feb 23, 7:14 pm, Zach Beane <····@xach.com> wrote:
> ·············@gmail.com" <············@gmail.com> writes:
> > I want to load an image from client side and store it on my hard
> > disk.Do I have to use an image manipulation package or is there any
> > built in type defined in cl. Plz understand that I dont want to
> > manipulate the image .Just read and store it and later retrieve it.Is
> > there any type defined unknown which can take such files of max size
> > say 200 kb ?
>
> I've used arrays of type (UNSIGNED-BYTE 8) for this sort of
> thing. They are usually very efficient to read and write with
> READ-SEQUENCE and WRITE-SEQUENCE.
>
> Zach

could u plz elaborate?
From: Vassil Nikolov
On 24 Feb 2007 02:11:09 -0800, ·············@gmail.com" <············@gmail.com> said:

| could u plz elaborate?

  Could you please spell words out in full?

  Even if I am speaking only for myself, doing that would increase
  your chances of getting a reply.

  ---Vassil.

--
Our programs do not have bugs; it is just that the users' expectations
differ from the way they are implemented.