From: gavino
Subject: What are advantages of cmu v clisp vs sbcl?
I am curious what the advantages are of these 3 programming languages.
Can someone do a chart on this or explain a little.
I know sbcl is the enw kid on the block.
I know the other two probably have more libraries......
Tradeoffs?

From: ······@corporate-world.lisp.de
Subject: Re: What are advantages of cmu v clisp vs sbcl?
On Feb 19, 10:00 am, "gavino" <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am curious what the advantages are of these 3 programming languages.
> Can someone do a chart on this or explain a little.
> I know sbcl is the enw kid on the block.
> I know the other two probably have more libraries......
> Tradeoffs?

stole this somewhere:

                                  --------------------------
                         /|  /|  |                          |
                         ||__||  |      Please don't        |
                        /   O O\__        feed the          |
                       /          \        Troll!           |
                      /      \     \                        |
                     /   _    \     \ ----------------------
                    /    |\____\     \     ||
                   /     | | | |\____/     ||
                  /       \|_|_|/   |    __||
                 /  /  \            |____| ||
                /   |   | /|        |      --|
                |   |   |//         |____  --|
         * _    |  |_|_|_|          |     \-/
      *-- _--\ _ \     //           |
        /  _     \\ _ //   |        /
      *  /   \_ /- | -     |       |
        *      ___ c_c_c_C/ \C_c_c_c____________

;-)
From: gavino
From: ······@corporate-world.lisp.de
On Feb 19, 9:27 pm, "gavino" <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am not a troll!!! ··@!

What are you then if not a troll? A program?
From: Andras Simon
"gavino" <·········@gmail.com> writes:

> I am not a troll!!! ··@!

Perhaps not. But you certainly look, walk and quack like one.

Andras
From: Don Geddis
"gavino" <·········@gmail.com> wrote on 19 Feb 2007 01:0:
> I am curious what the advantages are of these 3 programming languages.

They are three implementations of ONE programming language, ANSI Common Lisp.

> Can someone do a chart on this or explain a little.
> I know sbcl is the enw kid on the block.
> I know the other two probably have more libraries......
> Tradeoffs?

If you program in portable Common Lisp, you should hardly notice a difference
between the three.  That said, each has its own implementation-specific
extensions, of course.  CMUCL and SBCL are forks off the same code base, so
those two are closer that most different implementations would be.

        -- Don
Don Geddis                  http://don.geddis.org/               ···@geddis.org
Some days you don't notice the little things in life.  But some days you do,
and those are the days that will drive you nuts.
	-- Deep Thoughts, by Jack Handey [1999]
From: Timofei Shatrov
On 19 Feb 2007 01:00:41 -0800, "gavino" <·········@gmail.com> tried to confuse
everyone with this message:

>I am curious what the advantages are of these 3 programming languages.
>Can someone do a chart on this or explain a little.
>I know sbcl is the enw kid on the block.
>I know the other two probably have more libraries......
>Tradeoffs?

Why do you still bother? Just use Java.

--
|Don't believe this - you're not worthless              ,gr---------.ru
|It's us against millions and we can't take them all... |  ue     il   |
|But we can take them on!                               |     @ma      |
|                       (A Wilhelm Scream - The Rip)    |______________|
From: Vagif Verdi
Stick with sbcl. (If you cannot make a choice, i'll make it for you)
Later (if you pass that stage) you will be able to chose for yourself.