From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Here We (well, Google) Go Again...
http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2007/02/speaking-of-summer.html

--
Well, I've wrestled with reality for 35 years, Doctor, and
I'm happy to state I finally won out over it.
                                   -- Elwood P. Dowd

In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.
                                   -- Elwood's Mom

From: Geoff Cant
Subject: Re: Here We (well, Google) Go Again...
On Feb 16, 5:06 pm, Ken Tilton <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2007/02/speaking-of-summer.html

Hi all, I noticed on Lisp NYC's site (http://www.lispnyc.org/soc.clp)
that they're interested in sponsoring a CFFI ObjectiveC/Cocoa summer
of code project. I've started such a project (http://common-lisp.net/
project/cl-objc/) and would be interested in helping mentor someone
working on it.

If you're a sponsor or a student interested in the project, please
contact me by email.

Thanks,
--Geoff Cant
From: Ken Tilton
Geoff Cant wrote:
> On Feb 16, 5:06 pm, Ken Tilton <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2007/02/speaking-of-summer.html
>

> Hi all, I noticed on Lisp NYC's site (http://www.lispnyc.org/soc.clp)
> that they're interested in sponsoring a CFFI ObjectiveC/Cocoa summer
> of code project. I've started such a project (http://common-lisp.net/
> project/cl-objc/) and would be interested in helping mentor someone
> working on it.
>
> If you're a sponsor or a student interested in the project, please
> contact me by email.

Perhaps needless clarification: there is no "they" at LispNYC. The
grabbag list of brainstormed projects you found was...well, nuff said.
Lord knows where half that rubbish came from.

None of this, however, reflects on your proposal, which sounds fine.

kt

From: Ken Tilton
Ken Tilton wrote:

> Geoff Cant wrote:
>
>> On Feb 16, 5:06 pm, Ken Tilton <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> http://google-code-updates.blogspot.com/2007/02/speaking-of-summer.html
>>

>> Hi all, I noticed on Lisp NYC's site (http://www.lispnyc.org/soc.clp)
>> that they're interested in sponsoring a CFFI ObjectiveC/Cocoa summer
>> of code project. I've started such a project (http://common-lisp.net/
>> project/cl-objc/) and would be interested in helping mentor someone
>> working on it.
>>
>> If you're a sponsor or a student interested in the project, please
>> contact me by email.
>

> Perhaps needless clarification: there is no "they" at LispNYC. The
> grabbag list of brainstormed projects you found was...well, nuff said.
> Lord knows where half that rubbish came from.

...and at SOC time we solicit input from the whole Lisp community, which
rather typically fails to respond in any useful way.

kt