From: Steffen Panning
Subject: system calls for unix with GCLSIP
Hello group,
I'm not sure if this is the correct group for discussing this, but I
found no better.
I recently started hacking lisp. Now I need some kind of multiprocess/
fork support, but I didn't find anything like that.
May you know where to look at?

Thanks
Steffen

From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
Subject: Re: system calls for unix with GCLSIP
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 07:39:57 +0100, Steffen Panning wrote:

> Hello group,
> I'm not sure if this is the correct group for discussing this, but I
> found no better.
> I recently started hacking lisp. Now I need some kind of multiprocess/
> fork support, but I didn't find anything like that.
> May you know where to look at?

Do you mean threading? SBCL has support for this:
http://www.sbcl.org/manual/Threading.html

--
Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://nostdal.org/
From: John Thingstad
On Tue, 13 Feb 2007 07:39:57 +0100, Steffen Panning <·····@t-online.de>
wrote:

> Hello group,
> I'm not sure if this is the correct group for discussing this, but I
> found no better.
> I recently started hacking lisp. Now I need some kind of multiprocess/
> fork support, but I didn't find anything like that.
> May you know where to look at?
>
> Thanks
> Steffen

With the exception of clisp I think all Lisp's support threading.
Some use system threads. Some emulate multiprocessing.
It depends on the platform and the compiler. At any case the support is
vendor specific and should be documented with the distribution.
If you were a bit more specific about your platform and
compiler it would be easier to give concrete advice.