From: daBittweiler
Subject: araneida doc/example.lisp
Just wondering does the example.lisp does it show a example or not?

Log error: 404 Not Found while processing URL <http://
192.168.1.15:8000/>

it was shows in the REPL while in slime, looking at the source maybe I
missed something.  I thought there was a small example page.  Or I
configured things wrong.

Tried this setup standalone and with apache2+mod_proxy.
hopefully I'm on the right track,

From: Kaz Kylheku
Subject: Re: araneida doc/example.lisp
On Feb 11, 7:33 pm, "daBittweiler" <············@gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wondering does the example.lisp does it show a example or not?
>
> Log error: 404 Not Found while processing URL <http://
> 192.168.1.15:8000/>

Did you change the (DEFVAR *DEMO-URL* ...) form? What does it look
like? The *DEMO-URL* is used to derive the URL names of the resources
for which the example creates handlers. In the stock example.lisp, the
host name part is set up as "localhost".  This means that the client
is expected to make a GET request for URL's which look like http://
localhost/...  Any other URL's won't match the installed resource
handlers.

Needless to say the name "localhost" won't resolve properly from a
browser that is not running on the same machine.  If you use an IP
address, the browser will connect to your Araneida server properly,
but it will compose  the requested URL using the IP address rather
than "localhost" and thus not match. Even if your browser is on the
same machine, you still have to use "localhost" in the URL. Not, for
instance, 127.0.0.1.

If your machine has an externally known DNS name, then use that in the
*DEMO-URL*. Else configure the IP address. It's also possible to
install multiple handlers for the same resources, under different URL
names, so that you can allow 127.0.0.1, "localhost", as well as an
external IP and external host name.

> hopefully I'm on the right track,

If you're seeing 404 errors bubbling out of Araneida, then at least
you know it's running and you're connecting to it.
From: daBittweiler
On Feb 11, 10:37 pm, "Kaz Kylheku" <········@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 7:33 pm, "daBittweiler" <············@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Just wondering does the example.lisp does it show a example or not?
>
> > Log error: 404 Not Found while processing URL <http://
> > 192.168.1.15:8000/>
>
> Did you change the (DEFVAR *DEMO-URL* ...) form? What does it look
> like? The *DEMO-URL* is used to derive the URL names of the resources
> for which the example creates handlers. In the stock example.lisp, the
> host name part is set up as "localhost".  This means that the client
> is expected to make a GET request for URL's which look like http://
> localhost/...  Any other URL's won't match the installed resource
> handlers.
>
> Needless to say the name "localhost" won't resolve properly from a
> browser that is not running on the same machine.  If you use an IP
> address, the browser will connect to your Araneida server properly,
> but it will compose  the requested URL using the IP address rather
> than "localhost" and thus not match. Even if your browser is on the
> same machine, you still have to use "localhost" in the URL. Not, for
> instance, 127.0.0.1.
>
> If your machine has an externally known DNS name, then use that in the
> *DEMO-URL*. Else configure the IP address. It's also possible to
> install multiple handlers for the same resources, under different URL
> names, so that you can allow 127.0.0.1, "localhost", as well as an
> external IP and external host name.
>
> > hopefully I'm on the right track,
>
> If you're seeing 404 errors bubbling out of Araneida, then at least
> you know it's running and you're connecting to it.

Thanks Kaz,
I guess, this is why the author of araneida suggests using a reverse
proxy dunno.
firefox output:
The page isn't redirecting properly
Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for
this address in a way that will never complete.

*   This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to
accept cookies.

Seems as thou, I got alot to learn about araneida guess I be working
this to have it display something sooner or later, hopefully sooner.

Yeah, it got to be lynx says HTTP/1.0 302 Redirected
but can't complete.  Yeah, example.lisp I think looking at source is
written to run behind a proxy.  Well at that what I think.
From: Richard M Kreuter
"daBittweiler" <············@gmail.com> writes:

> firefox output:
> The page isn't redirecting properly
> Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for
> this address in a way that will never complete.
>
> *   This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to
> accept cookies.
>
> Seems as thou, I got alot to learn about araneida guess I be working
> this to have it display something sooner or later, hopefully sooner.

First, the static-file-handler doesn't serve out directory listings,
only plain files.  So you'll have to request something like

http://192.168.1.15:8000/araneida.asd

Second, the infinite redirect thing is a bug in method of
handle-request-response that specializes on static-file-handler.  My
static-file-handler.lisp is munged in several ways, but the offending
line goes something like this:

	 (name (urlstring-unescape (if dot-pos (subseq name 0  dot-pos) name)))

Change it to this:

	 (name (if dot-pos (urlstring-unescape (subseq name 0  dot-pos)) name))

You still won't get directory listings, but at least you shouldn't get
infinite redirect loops.

Hope that helps,
RmK