From: ············@gmail.com
Subject: Regarding hosting services for common lisp
I am developing one web based application in common lisp using allegro
serve as server.
I want to know if there are any hosting services on the web which uses
allegro serve or
allows us to install our own  server software on their server. As far
as I know most of them
use apache or tomcat as the server.

From: Paolo Amoroso
Subject: Re: Regarding hosting services for common lisp
See:

  Lisp-friendly Web Hosting
  http://wiki.alu.org/Lisp-friendly_Web_Hosting

Paolo
--
Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL%20Highlight%20Film
The Common Lisp Directory: http://www.cl-user.net
From: Alex Mizrahi
(message (Hello ·············@gmail.com)
(you :wrote  :on '(4 Feb 2007 02:35:04 -0800))
(

 a> I am developing one web based application in common lisp using allegro
 a> serve as server.
 a> I want to know if there are any hosting services on the web which uses
 a> allegro serve or
 a> allows us to install our own  server software on their server. As far
 a> as I know most of them
 a> use apache or tomcat as the server.

"shared hosting" is not anymore cool now.

there are a plenty of "virtual dedicated server" hostings, that allow root
access to a real O.S. (that runs in kinda virtual machine though) -- so you
can install any software on it. and it's very affordable -- you can find one
for 15$/mo (but it costs more if you need a better one). google for VDS --
you'll find plenty of them.

if you are not low on budget (and have some higher performance demands), you
can rent a real server -- prices start at 50$.

)
"People who lust for the Feel of keys on their fingertips (c) Inity")
From: André Thieme
············@gmail.com schrieb:
> I am developing one web based application in common lisp using allegro
> serve as server.
> I want to know if there are any hosting services on the web which uses
> allegro serve or
> allows us to install our own  server software on their server. As far
> as I know most of them
> use apache or tomcat as the server.

AMD Athlon 64 3700+, 1 GB Ram, 2 x 160 GB SATA HDD
39 Euro per month. This is a dedicated machine and you can install
anything on it you want (as long it is legal). Extremly fast and
stable connection to the net.
http://hetzner.de/rootserver_en.html

--
Andr�
From: ············@gmail.com
On Feb 5, 5:26 am, André Thieme <address.good.until.
···········@justmail.de> wrote:
> ············@gmail.com schrieb:
>
> > I am developing one web based application in common lisp using allegro
> > serve as server.
> > I want to know if there are any hosting services on the web which uses
> > allegro serve or
> > allows us to install our own  server software on their server. As far
> > as I know most of them
> > use apache or tomcat as the server.
>
> AMD Athlon 64 3700+, 1 GB Ram, 2 x 160 GB SATA HDD
> 39 Euro per month. This is a dedicated machine and you can install
> anything on it you want (as long it is legal). Extremly fast and
> stable connection to the net.http://hetzner.de/rootserver_en.html
>
> --
> André

Thanks for the suggestions .