From: Steve
Subject: Emacs or Slime Lisp Syntax High lighting
Does anyone know how to enable Slime or emacs syntax highlighting of
lisp code?  I am using a mac, and having trouble finding any reference
for this in just emacs.  I have tried enabling syntax high lighting
with Slime but it's only using red's and black is that normal.  Is
there any syntax high lighting for just emacs standalone?

Steve Morin

From: Daniel Janus
Subject: Re: Emacs or Slime Lisp Syntax High lighting
Dnia 02.02.2007 Steve <···········@gmail.com> napisa�/a:
> Does anyone know how to enable Slime or emacs syntax highlighting of
> lisp code?  I am using a mac, and having trouble finding any reference
> for this in just emacs.  I have tried enabling syntax high lighting
> with Slime but it's only using red's and black is that normal.  Is
> there any syntax high lighting for just emacs standalone?

In Emacs, syntax highlighting is called "font lock".  As for
color themes, there are many available in a non-standard
package "color-theme" (google around).  Here are relevant
bits of my .emacs:

;; I keep all my custom emacs packages in ~/.emacs.systems
(let ((sysdir "/home/nathell/.emacs.systems"))
  (dolist (dir (directory-files sysdir))
    (unless (or (string= dir ".") (string= dir ".."))
      (add-to-list 'load-path (concat sysdir "/" dir)))))

;; misc. settings
(global-font-lock-mode)
(show-paren-mode 1)

;; color theme
(require 'color-theme)
(color-theme-initialize)
(color-theme-deep-blue)

;; SLIME
(setq inferior-lisp-program "/home/nathell/acl80/bin/alisp")
(require 'slime)
(slime-setup)

HTH,
--
Daniel 'Nathell' Janus, GG #1631668, ············@nathell.korpus.pl
"Though a program be but three lines long, someday it will have to be
From: Petter Gustad
"Steve" <···········@gmail.com> writes:

> Does anyone know how to enable Slime or emacs syntax highlighting of
> lisp code?  I am using a mac, and having trouble finding any

Did you try:

M-x lisp-mode
M-x font-lock-mode

Petter