From: Eli Barzilay
Subject: PLT Scheme v372
PLT Scheme version 372 is now available from

  http://download.plt-scheme.org/

This is mostly a bug-fix release.

Changes:

* DrScheme now supports name completion via Ctl-/ (Windows and X)
  or Cmd-/ (Mac OS X).  Completion is sensitive to the current
  language in DrScheme, but it is not sensitive to lexical
  bindings.

* DrScheme's stepper now supports the "check-expect",
  "check-within", and "check-error" forms of the testing.ss
  teachpack.

* A number of bug fixes and small improvements for ProfessorJ.
  The grammar for the current release slightly differs from the
  one in HtDC.

Feedback Welcome,

From: Daniel Weinreb
Subject: Re: PLT Scheme v372
Eli Barzilay wrote:
> PLT Scheme version 372 is now available from
>
>   http://download.plt-scheme.org/
>
> This is mostly a bug-fix release.

Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know whether
the maintainers of PLT Scheme have plans to move
toward the R6RS standard in the future?  Or ERR5RS?
I'm not a user but I am curious where the various
Scheme implementors stand on this issue.  Thanks.
From: William D Clinger
Daniel Weinreb wrote:
> Just out of curiosity, do you happen to know whether
> the maintainers of PLT Scheme have plans to move
> toward the R6RS standard in the future?  Or ERR5RS?
> I'm not a user but I am curious where the various
> Scheme implementors stand on this issue.  Thanks.

Unlike Eli, I can't speak for PLT Scheme.  As for where
the various Scheme implementors stand on this issue,
Marc Feeley's summary is still the place to start [1].

Ikarus 0.0.1, announced 31 October, was said to implement
80% of the R6RS [2].  Larceny v0.95, announced 8 November,
was said to be a complete implementation of the R6RS but
had some bugs [3].  Ikarus 0.0.2 was said to implement 90%
of the R6RS [4].  Larceny v0.96 was announced 24 December
[5].

Implementors of Scheme 48, PLT Scheme, and Chez Scheme have
said they intend to release implementations of the R6RS
during 2008.  That would make five implementations of the
R6RS.

Larceny v0.95 implemented R5RS and ERR5RS as well as the
R6RS.  Implementors of several other systems have expressed
cautious interest in implementing ERR5RS, and I intend to
produce a portable implementation of ERR5RS that will run
in any R6RS-compatible system.  (Of course, systems that
support ERR5RS natively will probably be faster and more
fun to use.)  I'm expecting to see about ten ERR5RS systems
by the end of 2008.

Will

[1] http://lists.r6rs.org/pipermail/r6rs-discuss/2007-October/003351.html
[2] http://lists.r6rs.org/pipermail/r6rs-discuss/2007-October/003394.html