From: lisp linux
Subject: Re: how to install the series package on SBCL for Windows?
livingcosmos.org wrote:
> I have the series package downloaded and unpacked.

I downloaded this just for fun and the first thing I do (with everything
I download) is try running the tests.
Running tests complained about symbol conflict...... resolved that

The test stuff seem to be not written to do stuff in its own package.

They fail for me halfway through with the info below
Hope someone knowing better can fix things.
-Antony
--------------------------------------
(in the slime sbcl repl)

;     (CADR SERIES::SEQ-TYPE)
; --> CAR
; ==>
;   (CDR SERIES::SEQ-TYPE)
;
; caught WARNING:
;   Asserted type LIST conflicts with derived type (VALUES (MEMBER LIST)
&OPTIONAL).
;   See also:
;     The SBCL Manual, Node "Handling of Types"
;
; compilation unit finished
;   caught 1 WARNING condition
;   printed 4 notes
  478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 487 488 489 490
and the stack trace saying
Execution of a form compiled with errors.
Form:
   ((*SUPPRESS-SERIES-WARNINGS* T))
Compile-time error:
   illegal function call
    [Condition of type SB-INT:COMPILED-PROGRAM-ERROR]

Restarts:
  0: [ABORT] Return to SLIME's top level.
  1: [TERMINATE-THREAD] Terminate this thread (#<THREAD "repl-thread"
{1002ECEA31}>)

Backtrace:
   0: (NIL)
   1: (NIL)
   2: (SB-INT:SIMPLE-EVAL-IN-LEXENV
       ((*SUPPRESS-SERIES-WARNINGS* T))

From: lisp linux
lisp linux wrote:
> livingcosmos.org wrote:
>> I have the series package downloaded and unpacked.
>>...snip.....
> They fail for me halfway through with the info below
> Hope someone knowing better can fix things.
 >....snip....

I see so many people replying with so many posts on subjects that seem silly to me (of course just
an opinion).
Yet when I post actual problems I hardly get responses
and this is not the only problem I have posted so far either :(
-Antony
From: Edi Weitz
On Wed, 02 Jan 2008 18:36:00 -0800, lisp linux <·········@lisp.linux> wrote:

> I see so many people replying with so many posts on subjects that
> seem silly to me (of course just an opinion).  Yet when I post
> actual problems I hardly get responses and this is not the only
> problem I have posted so far either :(

Damn, we're sorry.  Do you want your money back?

Edi.

--

European Common Lisp Meeting, Amsterdam, April 19/20, 2008

  http://weitz.de/eclm2008/