From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Wikipedia, Category 'Common Lisp Software'
Hi,

I've added a Category 'Common Lisp Software' to Wikipedia.

  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Common_Lisp_Software

If a certain software described on Wikipedia is
provably (!) written in Common Lisp (please no guesses!!!)
one can add the following to the list of categories
(of the page describing the software):

 [[Category:Common Lisp Software]]

Note that it is case sensitive.

Maxima is written in Common Lisp, so it should appear there.
Most Common Lisp implementations are written in Common Lisp,
so they are good candidates to be mentioned.
Some software is based on large amounts of Common Lisp -
among other languages. For example the development
environment for Jak & Daxter was written in Allegro
Common Lisp. So it should appear there, too.

If you know (not guess) a software that is written
in Common Lisp and mentioned with its own page
on Wikipedia, you might add the category
to the Wikipedia page.

Also: Don't get excited and add all kinds of Lisp software
to Wikipedia. Macsyma is for example interesting because
it is one of the first applications for computer algebra
(and is still maintained in the form of Maxima).
If you wrote your own version of Eliza, it is probably
not worth to mention (unless your name is
Joseph Weizenbaum).

Btw., if you want your Common Lisp software to be listed
for the Lisp community, consider adding it to
the Common Lisp Directory:

  http://www.cl-user.net/

Regards,

Rainer Joswig

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org/
From: Slobodan Blazeski
Subject: Re: Wikipedia, Category 'Common Lisp Software'
Igor Engraver looks very cool http://www.noteheads.com/
http://www.lispworks.com/success-stories/noteheads-igor-engraver.html
though I might be biased as roxette was always my favourite band,
since Look Sharp came around.

cheers
Slobodan