From: Jeff Shrager
Subject: Two new lisp-related papers
The BioBike/KnowOS team, or, more precisely: some subset thereof,
lacks the humility to fail to take this opportunity to announce two
new lisp-related papers:

First, "The Evolution of BioBike: Community Adaptation of a
Biocomputing Platform" has just appeared in "Studies in History and
Philosophy of Science" (v38, pp642-656).

A draft of this paper can be read here:

http://nostoc.stanford.edu/jeff/temp/jhps20060830.pdf

Due to copyright restrictions I can't post the final paper, but I can
send it to those who are interested if you email me directly. (And, of
course, those of your at or near universities (or who are insane and
personally subscribe to this journal) can read in "the flesh".)

Second, we've just submitted a paper describing the BioBike Visual
Programming System, which does Lisp (actually BBL, a bio-specific sub-
language) in a whizzy ajaxy nestedy boxy thingy.

You can read the submitted draft here:

http://nostoc.stanford.edu/jeff/personal/vita/pubs/bblvplsubmitted20071215.doc

And, of course, play with the demo server here:

http://www.biobike.org

(Be sure to select VPL when you login, otherwise you end up with just
a plain old web-based lisp listener.)

Enjoy!

'Jeff