From: Chanwoo Yoo
Subject: asdf-install problem in OpenMCL
Environment: Intel Mac, Leopard, OpenMCL

I tried to install libraries required by weblocks, but I could not
install acl-compat.

CL-USER> (asdf-install:install :acl-compat)
Server responded 403 for GET http://constantly.at/lisp/acl-compat.tar.gz
  [Condition of type ASDF-INSTALL::DOWNLOAD-ERROR]

So I downloaded acl-compat.tar.gz, and tried again.

CL-USER> (asdf-install:install "~/Downloads/acl-compat.tar.gz")
;;; ASDF-INSTALL: Installing ~/Downloads/acl-compat.tar.gz in /Users/
chanwoo/.asdf-install-dir/site/, /Users\
/chanwoo/.asdf-install-dir/
systems/
tar (child): /Users/chanwoo/Downloads/acl-compat\\.tar.gz: Cannot
open: No such file or directory
tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting
now
tar: Child returned status
2

I don't know why \\ are inserted there. I manually renamed the file
name as "acl-compat.tar.gz" and retried, but the result was the same.

So I searched for the contact point of acl-compat in CLiki pages, then
I guessed that portableaserve project team (http://sourceforge.net/
projects/portableaserve/) is the maintainers, but I'm not sure about
it. Should I contact any of them to solve this issue?

Another problem occured during installing tinaa. (Every step to Lisp
is so painful...)

CL-USER> (asdf-install:install :tinaa)

; registering #<SYSTEM TRIVIAL-SHELL #x3000414086ED> as TRIVIAL-
SHELL
lml2.asd into #<Package "ASDF0">
; registering #<SYSTEM LML2 #x30004144BBCD> as
LML2
lml2-tests.asd into #<Package "ASDF1"\

; registering #<SYSTEM LML2-TESTS #x30004149A9BD> as LML2-
TESTS
systems/kmrcl.asd into #<Package "ASDF0">
; registering #<SYSTEM KMRCL #x3000414B051D> as KMRCL
:IF-EXISTS :ERROR not implemented yet
  [Condition of type SIMPLE-ERROR]

Restarts:
 0: [CONTINUE] test the assertion again.
 1: [RETRY-OPEN] Retry opening "/usr/local/asdf-install/site/cl-
containers/dev/utilities-integration.dx64fsl"
 2: [RETRY-COMPILE-FILE] Retry compiling #P"/usr/local/asdf-install/
site/cl-containers/dev/utilities-integratio$
 3: [SKIP-COMPILE-FILE] Skip compiling #P"/usr/local/asdf-install/
site/cl-containers/dev/utilities-integration.$
 4: [RETRY] Retry performing #<COMPILE-OP (:FORCE T) #x30004128B82D>
on #<CL-SOURCE-FILE "utilities-integration$
 5: [ACCEPT] Continue, treating #<COMPILE-OP (:FORCE T)
#x30004128B82D> on #<CL-SOURCE-FILE "utilities-integrat$

Is there anyone who suffers from the same problem?

From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: Re: asdf-install problem in OpenMCL
On Dec 15, 5:46 am, Chanwoo Yoo <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
> Environment: Intel Mac, Leopard, OpenMCL
>
> I tried to install libraries required by weblocks, but I could not
> install acl-compat.
>
> CL-USER> (asdf-install:install :acl-compat)
> Server responded 403 for GEThttp://constantly.at/lisp/acl-compat.tar.gz
>   [Condition of type ASDF-INSTALL::DOWNLOAD-ERROR]
>
> So I downloaded acl-compat.tar.gz, and tried again.
>
> CL-USER> (asdf-install:install "~/Downloads/acl-compat.tar.gz")
> ;;; ASDF-INSTALL: Installing ~/Downloads/acl-compat.tar.gz in /Users/
> chanwoo/.asdf-install-dir/site/, /Users\
> /chanwoo/.asdf-install-dir/
> systems/
> tar (child): /Users/chanwoo/Downloads/acl-compat\\.tar.gz: Cannot
> open: No such file or directory
> tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting
> now
> tar: Child returned status
> 2
>
> I don't know why \\ are inserted there. I manually renamed the file
> name as "acl-compat.tar.gz" and retried, but the result was the same.

I used to get this same problem running under OpenMCL (Clozure CL now,
I guess) + PPC + Tiger.  Short answer (suggestion): try renaming the
file to have only one period; e.g.  acl-compat.tgz.  As bizarre as
that sounds, doing so used to fix the problem for me.

Longer answer: I got frustrated enough one day to trace this problem.
After following the chain of successively lower-level function calls
that were failing, I reached a point in OpenMCL's code where *very*
low-level stuff was happening.  I couldn't see a way to fix it, but I
couldn't convince myself that such a fundamental bug existed in
OpenMCL; I figured it must be a problem with my local set up somehow.
(Maybe something to do with 'tar'?  Possibly.  But when I used 'tar'
at the command line, it worked fine.)

BTW, I never got the error when using SBCL, so maybe it's worth trying
that too.

I hope that helps.
--
AF
From: Chanwoo Yoo
On 12¿ù15ÀÏ, ¿ÀÈÄ10½Ã44ºÐ, ········@gmail.com wrote:
> On Dec 15, 5:46 am, Chanwoo Yoo <·········@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > Environment: Intel Mac, Leopard, OpenMCL
>
> > I tried to install libraries required by weblocks, but I could not
> > install acl-compat.
>
> > CL-USER> (asdf-install:install :acl-compat)
> > Server responded 403 for GEThttp://constantly.at/lisp/acl-compat.tar.gz
> >   [Condition of type ASDF-INSTALL::DOWNLOAD-ERROR]
>
> > So I downloaded acl-compat.tar.gz, and tried again.
>
> > CL-USER> (asdf-install:install "~/Downloads/acl-compat.tar.gz")
> > ;;; ASDF-INSTALL: Installing ~/Downloads/acl-compat.tar.gz in /Users/
> > chanwoo/.asdf-install-dir/site/, /Users\
> > /chanwoo/.asdf-install-dir/
> > systems/
> > tar (child): /Users/chanwoo/Downloads/acl-compat\\.tar.gz: Cannot
> > open: No such file or directory
> > tar (child): Error is not recoverable: exiting
> > now
> > tar: Child returned status
> > 2
> > tar: Error exit delayed from previous errors
>
> > I don't know why \\ are inserted there. I manually renamed the file
> > name as "acl-compat.tar.gz" and retried, but the result was the same.
>
> I used to get this same problem running under OpenMCL (Clozure CL now,
> I guess) + PPC + Tiger.  Short answer (suggestion): try renaming the
> file to have only one period; e.g.  acl-compat.tgz.  As bizarre as
> that sounds, doing so used to fix the problem for me.
>
> Longer answer: I got frustrated enough one day to trace this problem.
> After following the chain of successively lower-level function calls
> that were failing, I reached a point in OpenMCL's code where *very*
> low-level stuff was happening.  I couldn't see a way to fix it, but I
> couldn't convince myself that such a fundamental bug existed in
> OpenMCL; I figured it must be a problem with my local set up somehow.
> (Maybe something to do with 'tar'?  Possibly.  But when I used 'tar'
> at the command line, it worked fine.)
>
> BTW, I never got the error when using SBCL, so maybe it's worth trying
> that too.
>
> I hope that helps.
> --
> AF

Changing file extension works! Thanks for your help. But another error
has occured during installing other libraries:

Unable to load foreign library: libssl.so
   [Condition of type CFFI:LOAD-FOREIGN-LIBRARY-ERROR]

Maybe I can't stand with Clozure CL. I had been used SBCL, then
switched to Clozure CL because I heard that SBCL did not support
threads in Mac. But ASDF install in CCL is too problematic compared to
SBCL. Now I am considering other CL implementations.. Before, I used
Ruby and Rails, but I was attracted to Lisp by the power of macros. I
merely wanted to try some Lisp web framewoks, but I can not even
execute it. Anyway, do you have any idea about a good CL
implementation that supports thread in Mac and Lisp web framework? I
heard about Uncommon Web and Weblocks.. Web frameworks that adopt
continuation is very interesting, I think. Is there anyone who compare
them with Rails?