From: D Herring
Subject: Re: how to install the series package on SBCL for Windows?
livingcosmos.org wrote:
> I managed to (require :asdf) and then (asdf:operate 'asdf:compile-
> op :series) as well (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :series)
> successfully, but that does not make the package available upon re-
> entry to sbcl.

Just put (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :series) into your normal SBCL
startup scripts.  As with most languages, installing a library doesn't
make it automatically available to all programs; you still have to ask.

- Daniel
From: livingcosmos.org
On Dec 14, 7:16 pm, D Herring <········@at.tentpost.dot.com> wrote:
> livingcosmos.org wrote:
> > I managed to (require :asdf) and then (asdf:operate 'asdf:compile-
> > op :series) as well (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :series)
> > successfully, but that does not make the package available upon re-
> > entry to sbcl.
>
> Just put (asdf:operate 'asdf:load-op :series) into your normal SBCL
> startup scripts.  As with most languages, installing a library doesn't
> make it automatically available to all programs; you still have to ask.
>
> - Daniel

Yes, it's actually a little more than that. and I figured it out, but
for some reason, i could not follow-up. This was necessary:

(require 'asdf)

(setf asdf:*central-registry*
   ;; Default directories, usually just the ``current directory''
  '(*default-pathname-defaults*

    ;; Additional places where ASDF can find
    ;; system definition files
    #P"c:\\cygwin\\home\\Administrator\\prg\\lisp-asdf\\series-2.2.9\
\"
    ))