From: Pascal Costanza
Subject: [CfP] European Lisp Symposium 2008
*                                                                      *
*                1st European Lisp Symposium (ELS 2008)                *
*                                                                      *
*                http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/els08                *
*                                                                      *
*                  Bordeaux, France, May 22-23, 2008                   *
*                        LaBRI, Universit� Bordeaux 1                  *
*                                                                      *

Important Dates:
****************

* Submission of research papers: February 11, 2008
* Work-in-progress papers:          March 24, 2008
* Author notification:               April 7, 2008
* First final versions due:         April 28, 2008

Accepted research papers will be invited for a special issue of the
Journal of Universal Computer Science (J.UCS). See the symposium website
for more details.

Scope:
******

The European Lisp Symposium 2008 invites high quality papers about novel
research results, insights and lessons learned from practical
applications, and educational perspectives, all involving Lisp dialects,
including Common Lisp, Scheme, ISLISP, Dylan, and so on.

Topics include, but are not limited to:

* Language design and implementation techniques
* Language integration, interoperation and deployment
* Experience reports and case studies
* Reflection and meta-level architectures
* Educational approaches
* Software adaptation and evolution
* Configuration management
* Artificial intelligence
* Large and ultra-large-scale systems
* Development methodologies
* Development support and environments
* Persistent systems
* Scientific computing
* Parallel and distributed computing
* Data mining
* Semantic web
* Dynamic optimization
* Innovative applications
* Hardware and virtual machine support
* Domain-oriented programming

We also encourage submissions about past approaches that have been
largely forgotten about, as long as they are presented in a new setting.

We invite submissions in two categories:
original contributions and work-in-progress papers.

*** Original contributions have neither been published previously nor
are under review by other refereed events or publications. Research
papers should describe work that advances the current state of the art,
or presents old results from a new perspective. Experience papers should
be of broad interest and should describe insights gained from
substantive practical applications. The program committee will evaluate
each contributed paper based on its relevance, significance, clarity,
and originality.

Accepted papers will be published in the Journal of Universal Computer
Science (J.UCS). Authors of accepted papers are expected to present
their work at the symposium main track in Bordeaux on May 23, 2008.

*** Work in progress describes ongoing work that is not ready for
publication yet, but would benefit strongly from feedback by other
researchers, practitioners and educators. Such contributions will not be
published in the symposium proceedings, but will be made available at
the symposium website. The work-in-progress track will be organized as a
series of writers' workshops where authors work together to improve
their papers. Some authors who submit papers for the main track will be
suggested to contribute their work in this track instead, if the program
committee decides that their submission is not yet ready for a
publication.

The writers' workshops will take place at the symposium in Bordeaux on
May 22, 2008.

Submissions:
************

Papers for the main track must be submitted electronically, preferably
as PDF or PostScript file (level 1 or 2). However, submissions in RTF or
Word format are also accepted. Initial submissions may not exceed 15
pages in the J.UCS style, including all appendices. (Invited papers for
the journal publication will have a page limitation of 25 pages in the
same format.) See the symposium website for more details, including
about the submission procedure.

Papers for the work-in-progress track may be in PDF, PostScript level 1
or 2, RTF or Word, and may not exceed 25 pages. There are no further
requirements on their format. Papers for the work-in-progress track must
be sent via email to ···············@vub.ac.be.

Program Chair:
**************

* Pascal Costanza, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium

Program Committee:
******************

* Marco Antoniotti, Universita Milano Bicocca, Italy
* Marie Beurton-Aimar, Universit� Bordeaux 1, France
* Jerry Boetje, College of Charlston, USA
* Theo D'Hondt, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
* Ir�ne Durand, Universit� Bordeaux 1, France
* Marc Feeley, Universit� de Montr�al, Canada
* Erick Gallesio, Universite de Nice / Sophia Antipolis, France
* Rainer Joswig, Independent Consultant, Germany
* Ant�nio Leit�o, Technical University of Lisbon, Portugal
* Henry Lieberman, MIT, USA
* Scott McKay, ITA Software, Inc., USA
* Ralf M�ller, Hamburg University of Technology, Germany
* Nicolas Neuss, Universit�t Karlsruhe, Germany
* Kent Pitman, PTC, USA
* Christophe Rhodes, Goldsmiths College, University of London, UK
* Jeffrey Mark Siskind, Purdue University, USA
* Didier Verna, EPITA Research and Development Laboratory, France

From: Mathias Huber
Subject: Re: [CfP] European Lisp Symposium 2008
Dear Pascal Costanza,

> *                                                                      *
> *                1st European Lisp Symposium (ELS 2008)                *
> *                                                                      *
> *                http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/els08                *
> *                                                                      *
> *                  Bordeaux, France, May 22-23, 2008                   *
> *                        LaBRI, Universit� Bordeaux 1                  *
> *                                                                      *

how about admission fees? Is the symposium free for attendees?

Best,
Mathias
--
Mathias Huber, stellv. Chefredakteur Linux-Magazin Online
Linux New Media AG, Sueskindstr. 4, 81929 Muenchen, Germany
From: Robert Strandh
Mathias Huber <······@linuxnewmedia.de> writes:

> Dear Pascal Costanza,

> > *                                                                      *
> > *                1st European Lisp Symposium (ELS 2008)                *
> > *                                                                      *
> > *                http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/els08                *
> > *                                                                      *
> > *                  Bordeaux, France, May 22-23, 2008                   *
> > *                        LaBRI, Universit� Bordeaux 1                  *
> > *                                                                      *
>
> how about admission fees? Is the symposium free for attendees?

No, it will not be completely free.  Early-bird registration will be
120 EUR (50 for students).  Late registration will be 200 EUR (120 for
students).

Registration fees include two three-course lunches and the symposium
dinner in the great Bordeaux tradition, coffee and pastries during the
breaks, a free tram/bus pass for the duration of the symposium, and
some small gifts.

--
Robert Strandh

Greenspun's Tenth Rule of Programming: any sufficiently complicated C
From: Pascal Costanza
Mathias Huber wrote:
> Dear Pascal Costanza,

>> *                                                                      *
>> *                1st European Lisp Symposium (ELS 2008)                *
>> *                                                                      *
>> *                http://prog.vub.ac.be/~pcostanza/els08                *
>> *                                                                      *
>> *                  Bordeaux, France, May 22-23, 2008                   *
>> *                        LaBRI, Universit� Bordeaux 1                  *
>
> how about admission fees? Is the symposium free for attendees?

No, it's not. The fees will be reasonable, though (much less than 200
Euros, or 100 Euros for students). We will update the website with the
fee structure ASAP.

Pascal

--
My website: http://p-cos.net