From: Slobodan Blazeski
Subject: How to unbound  a method?
Let's say a have  method  specialized in (a foo) & (b bar) and  I'm
unsatisfied with it's performance and I want to ubound it in running
image, so the generic function will call least specialized method. Is
there a way to do it?

Slobodan

From: Rainer Joswig
Subject: Re: How to unbound  a method?
In article
<····································@l16g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
 Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:

> Let's say a have  method  specialized in (a foo) & (b bar) and  I'm
> unsatisfied with it's performance and I want to ubound it in running
> image, so the generic function will call least specialized method. Is
> there a way to do it?
>
> Slobodan

REMOVE-METHOD

http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/f_rm_met.htm#remove-method

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org/
From: Slobodan Blazeski
Rainer Joswig wrote:
> In article
> <····································@l16g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
>  Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Let's say a have  method  specialized in (a foo) & (b bar) and  I'm
> > unsatisfied with it's performance and I want to ubound it in running
> > image, so the generic function will call least specialized method. Is
> > there a way to do it?
> >
> > Slobodan
>
> REMOVE-METHOD

Thanks Rainer, next time I ask something like this please RTFM'e and
say few nasty word how lazy noob I am, that would probably help me to
learn my lesson  .

kind regards
Slobodan

From: Pascal Costanza
Rainer Joswig wrote:
> In article
> <····································@l16g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
>  Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Let's say a have  method  specialized in (a foo) & (b bar) and  I'm
>> unsatisfied with it's performance and I want to ubound it in running
>> image, so the generic function will call least specialized method. Is
>> there a way to do it?
>>
>> Slobodan
>
> REMOVE-METHOD
>
> http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/f_rm_met.htm#remove-method

Works especially well in conjunction with FIND-METHOD. ;)

Pascal

--
My website: http://p-cos.net
From: Andy Chambers
On Dec 4, 2:47 pm, Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> wrote:
> In article
> <····································@l16g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
>  Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Let's say a have  method  specialized in (a foo) & (b bar) and  I'm
> > unsatisfied with it's performance and I want to ubound it in running
> > image, so the generic function will call least specialized method. Is
> > there a way to do it?
>
> > Slobodan
>
> REMOVE-METHOD
>
> http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/f_rm_met.htm#re...
>
> --http://lispm.dyndns.org/

I recently discovered the object insptector in slime and it provides a
lovely interface for doing this which some people might not be aware
of.

First, inspect the class object on which the method specializes using
C-c I name-of-class.  That presents you with a buffer containing the
classes slots, methods , etc.  For each method, there's a button you
can press to remove it.

Hats off to the slime guys,
Andy
From: Rainer Joswig
In article
<····································@v4g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
 Andy Chambers <··············@googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2:47 pm, Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> wrote:
> > In article
> > <····································@l16g2000hsf.googlegroups.com>,
> >  Slobodan Blazeski <·················@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > Let's say a have  method  specialized in (a foo) & (b bar) and  I'm
> > > unsatisfied with it's performance and I want to ubound it in running
> > > image, so the generic function will call least specialized method. Is
> > > there a way to do it?
> >
> > > Slobodan
> >
> > REMOVE-METHOD
> >
> > http://www.lispworks.com/documentation/HyperSpec/Body/f_rm_met.htm#re...
> >
> > --http://lispm.dyndns.org/
>
> I recently discovered the object insptector in slime and it provides a
> lovely interface for doing this which some people might not be aware
> of.
>
> First, inspect the class object on which the method specializes using
> C-c I name-of-class.  That presents you with a buffer containing the
> classes slots, methods , etc.  For each method, there's a button you
> can press to remove it.
>
> Hats off to the slime guys,
> Andy

Well, that's kind of a 'standard' functionality.

In LispWorks you can use the Generic Function Browser.
Menu 'Methods > Undefine ...' in the menubar or the context menu.

But usually the Editor has it, too.
In the LispWorks Editor just move the text cursor to
the DEFMETHOD form you want to undefine and do M-x Undefine.

Similar functionality exists in other development environments
(say, MCL).

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org/