From: Ken Tilton
Subject: [OT] Software
Been there, done that:

"July 24, 2007: Although we were hoping to complete the packaging of the
beta test version by 23 July, vacations by some key project team members
have forced a delay in the release until mid-August...

June 29:  The design review has been completed, pending a few questions
that will be resolved by feedback from the beta test.

June 12: Substantial design review progress has been made.  It is
possible that we will be ready to release the beta fonts by the end of
June, although the release date may slip a little bit into July.

May 4: The design review continues to make progress, albeit at a slower
rate than hoped.  Once all of the design changes are complete, the fonts
will be released within two weeks.

April 24, 2007:  The following groups have been completed:

April 5, 2007: We expect to be able to name the release date within the
next week or two.

March 19, 2007: Feedback should be complete by the end of next week, and
then the designer will be instructed to make the final corrections or
additions and the beta fonts will be prepared for release. Confidence
remains high that we will release the fonts some time in April.

February 28, 2007: Work on the design review is proceeding, but at a
slower pace than we had anticipated. It now appears that the review can
be completed by the end of March. ... Once the corrections are made, we
should be able to quickly release the beta fonts.

January 23, 2007: It now appears that the earliest that we will be able
to release the beta test version is near the end of February. A further
update with more details will be provided the week of 29 January.

December 14, 2006: We still hope to issue the beta font set by the end
of January, but final resolution of these packaging issues could cause a
slip into February 2007.

December 4, 2006: It is now clear that there will be a further delay in
the timetable for beta release. We are now hoping for a January 2007
release.

November 7, 2006: We expect the beta version to be released by early
December,...

October 18, 2006: We expect to complete the full configuration this week.

September 7, 2006: The new anticipated date for the beta test to begin
is late October.

July 19, 2006: Even as the final delivery of glyphs is still under
review, the STIX Fonts project team has begun to build the beta test
fontset.

July 12, 2006: Tables of STIX glyphs will begin to appear on this
website within the next few weeks, and the beta font set will begin to
be constructed.

June 6, 2006: After reviewing the tasks required for completion of the
project, September was established as a revised target for the beta test.

March 27, 2006: It appears that the beta will not be available for
release until the end of June.

February 2, 2006: As each range is completed, the data will be posed to
this website, allowing software designers to begin to configure their
applications in advance of the beta release, which is still planned for
April.

December 19, 2005: The STI Pub Group apologizes for the long delay in
updating this web site. Be assured, however, ...

September 30, 2005: Accordingly, the beta test date has been revised to
March 2006.

August 23, 2005:  Accordingly, we now anticipate that the Beta Test
release will not occur until the end of October 2005.

July 5, 2005: At a teleconference of the STIX Fonts Technical Review
Committee on 26 May, it was determined that the beta release would need
to be delayed until September 2005. This delay is required to complete..."

--
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"We are what we pretend to be." -Kurt Vonnegut

From: GP lisper
Subject: Re: [OT] Software
On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 07:56:00 -0400, <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> Been there, done that:
>
> "July 24, 2007: Although we were hoping to complete the packaging of the
> beta test version by 23 July, vacations by some key project team members
> have forced a delay in the release until mid-August...
> July 5, 2005: At a teleconference of the STIX Fonts Technical Review
> Committee on 26 May, it was determined that the beta release would need
> to be delayed until September 2005. This delay is required to complete..."

Now that is _some_ job security!

--
Lisp:  Powering `Impossible Thoughts since 1958

> On Fri, 31 Aug 2007 07:56:00 -0400, <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> > Been there, done that:
> >
> > "July 24, 2007: Although we were hoping to complete the packaging of the
> > beta test version by 23 July, vacations by some key project team members
> > have forced a delay in the release until mid-August...
> > July 5, 2005: At a teleconference of the STIX Fonts Technical Review
> > Committee on 26 May, it was determined that the beta release would need
> > to be delayed until September 2005. This delay is required to complete..."
>
> Now that is _some_ job security!

Just sit back and enjoy the show.

 S.