From: Andreas Klein
Subject: libraries
Hello

I am using Common Lisp on Debian GNU/Linux and I have question about
libraries.

CLISP, CMUCL and SBCL share their libraries under
/usr/share/common-lisp/
and I can load them via asdf and the common-lisp controller.

GCL has its libraries under
ls /usr/lib/gcl-"version"
and the libraries are loaded by default.

How can I mix the systems? Especially I would like to use
cl-gd under GCL and the Tk binding under CLISP.

Thanks for your help.

       Andreas Klein
From: Frank Goenninger DG1SBG
Subject: Re: libraries
Andreas Klein <·····@cage.ugent.be> writes:

> Hello

Hi Andreas!

> I am using Common Lisp on Debian GNU/Linux and I have question about
> libraries.
>
> CLISP, CMUCL and SBCL share their libraries under
> /usr/share/common-lisp/
> and I can load them via asdf and the common-lisp controller.

You mean ASDF-loadable packages by "libraries" ?

If so, you have to set ASDF:*CENTRAL-REGISTRY* accordingly. Use
`pushnew' to add directories to this special var. ASDF will then try
to load from these locations.

> GCL has its libraries under
> ls /usr/lib/gcl-"version"
> and the libraries are loaded by default.
>
> How can I mix the systems? Especially I would like to use
> cl-gd under GCL and the Tk binding under CLISP.

Where are this installed (full path) ?

> Thanks for your help.
>
>        Andreas Klein

Cheers
    Frank

--

  Frank Goenninger

  frgo(at)mac(dot)com

  "Don't ask me! I haven't been reading comp.lang.lisp long enough to
  really know ..."