From: Robert Dodier
Subject: announcement: Maxima 5.13.0 release
Please redistribute this message as you see fit.
Announcing Maxima 5.13.0

Maxima is a GPL'd branch of Macsyma, the venerable symbolic
computation system. Maxima 5.13.0 is a bug fix and feature
enhancement release.

Maxima has functions to work with polynomials, matrices, finite sets,
integrals, derivatives and differential equations, linear algebra,
plotting, arbitrary-precision arithmetic, etc.

Maxima can run on MS Windows and various flavors of Unix,
including MacOS X.
There is a precompiled executable installer for Windows,
source and binary RPM's for Linux, and tar.gz containing
the source distribution.

Maxima is implemented in Common Lisp; several Lisps can compile
and run Maxima, including CMUCL, SBCL, Clisp, and GCL.

The Maxima project welcomes new participants. You can contribute
in several ways: reporting bugs, fixing bugs, writing new add-on
packages, revising core functions, user interfaces,
documentation, ....
Why not see what's happening on the mailing list and consider how
you might contribute to the project.

Regards,
Robert Dodier
Maxima developer and 5.13.0 release manager

Project page:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/maxima

Documentation:
http://maxima.sourceforge.net/docs.shtml

Bug reports. Please create a Sourceforge login
before filing a bug report.

Mailing list. Please sign up before posting a message.
http://maxima.sourceforge.net/maximalist.html

Download page:

Ports page:
http://maxima.sourceforge.net/wiki/index.php/Maxima%20ports

Project home page:
http://maxima.sourceforge.net

Change log:
http://maxima.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/maxima/maxima/ChangeLog-5.13.0
From: John M. Gamble
Subject: Re: announcement: Maxima 5.13.0 release
In article <························@y42g2000hsy.googlegroups.com>,
Robert Dodier  <·············@gmail.com> wrote:
>Please redistribute this message as you see fit.
>Announcing Maxima 5.13.0
>
>Maxima is a GPL'd branch of Macsyma, the venerable symbolic
>computation system. Maxima 5.13.0 is a bug fix and feature
>enhancement release.
>
>Maxima has functions to work with polynomials, matrices, finite sets,
>integrals, derivatives and differential equations, linear algebra,
>plotting, arbitrary-precision arithmetic, etc.

[snip]

>Regards,
>Robert Dodier
>Maxima developer and 5.13.0 release manager

Great, thank you.  I should point out that as of this moment,
<http://maxima.sourceforge.net/> has 5.12.0 as the latest version,
as does <http://maxima.sourceforge.net/docs.shtml>.  I did
manage to download 5.13.0 despite that.

It may be that you've already taken care of this, and that
source forge is slow to update, but just in case there's a
left hand right hand communication gap, I thought I should
mention it.

Thanks.

--
	-john

February 28 1997: Last day libraries could order catalogue cards
from the Library of Congress.