From: Ralph Allan Rice
Subject: PCL offered as a PDF
I found out that the Apress has posted the free e-book version of
"Practical Common Lisp" on their site:

http://www.apress.com/free/

Even though I bought the book myself, and I can refer to the text at
anytime by navigating to the HTML version.  I cannot express my
gratitude to the publisher and the author for the offering such a
wonderful book for everyone to see.

Thank you.

 --
Ralph

From: Duke Normandin
Subject: Re: PCL offered as a PDF
On 2007-08-23, Ralph Allan Rice <··········@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found out that the Apress has posted the free e-book version of
> "Practical Common Lisp" on their site:
>
> http://www.apress.com/free/
>
> Even though I bought the book myself, and I can refer to the text at
> anytime by navigating to the HTML version.  I cannot express my
> gratitude to the publisher and the author for the offering such a
> wonderful book for everyone to see.
>
> Thank you.
>
>  --
> Ralph

Are you sure? Here's what I got:

http://www.apress.com/book/search.html?searchKeywords=practical+comman+lisp&tosearchkeyword=1&act=search&sb=1&searchBar=1&source=3&x=18&y=13

Do you have a URL? Thx.
--
duke    |   A: Yes.                                                     |
        |   >Q: Are you sure?                                           |
From: ··············@gmail.com
Scroll down on the site that Ralph gave you - http://www.apress.com/free/
, and you'll see it.

From: Thomas F. Burdick
On Aug 23, 5:33 am, Ralph Allan Rice <··········@gmail.com> wrote:
> I found out that the Apress has posted the free e-book version of
> "Practical Common Lisp" on their site:
>
> http://www.apress.com/free/
>
> Even though I bought the book myself, and I can refer to the text at
> anytime by navigating to the HTML version.  I cannot express my
> gratitude to the publisher and the author for the offering such a
> wonderful book for everyone to see.
>
> Thank you.

It's been available online since the chapters were in draft and
outline form at the author's site: http://gigamonkeys.com/book
From: Ralph Allan Rice
On Aug 23, 8:39 am, "Thomas F. Burdick" <········@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 23, 5:33 am, Ralph Allan Rice <··········@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I found out that the Apress has posted the free e-book version of
> > "Practical Common Lisp" on their site:
>
> >http://www.apress.com/free/
>
> > Even though I bought the book myself, and I can refer to the text at
> > anytime by navigating to the HTML version.  I cannot express my
> > gratitude to the publisher and the author for the offering such a
> > wonderful book for everyone to see.
>
> > Thank you.
>
> It's been available online since the chapters were in draft and
> outline form at the author's site:http://gigamonkeys.com/book

Yes, that is the HTML version I was referring to. Sorry for the
confusion.

--

Ralph