From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Re: I love a good 2x4 to the face.
······@gmail.com wrote:
> Isn't it wonderful? Enough of this clowning around though.
> Time to do something constructive with the nice CL-WHO.
> So let's fire up emacs+slime, the trusty 2x4. My friends
> assure me that this is the very finest 2x4 with which to
> bash yourself in the face. Maximum, immediate pain for
> no money down!
>

> $ emacs & and then M-x slime
>
> ; SLIME 2006-04-20
> CL-Luser, this could be the start of a beautiful program... or not...
> ready for the 2x4?
>
> CL-USER> (load 'load)
> PARSE-NAMESTRING: argument LOAD should be a pathname designator ...
> [Condition of type SIMPLE-TYPE-ERROR]
>

> I love it! Do it again! I love the demoralization of fucking
> up on the very first line!

Where do I send the check? If you plan to keep this up we can look into
using direct deposit.

kt

--
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"Algebra is the metaphysics of arithmetic." - John Ray

"As long as algebra is taught in school,
there will be prayer in school." - Cokie Roberts

"Stand firm in your refusal to remain conscious during algebra."
    - Fran Lebowitz

"I'm an algebra liar. I figure two good lies make a positive."
    - Tim Allen