From: Ken Tilton
Subject: <sigh>
Sending me email "to continue this off-line" makes as much sense as
pigeon-holing Sir Richard Burton outside the stage door to offer him
advice on reigning in Lady MacBeth.

hth,kzo

--
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"Algebra is the metaphysics of arithmetic." - John Ray

"As long as algebra is taught in school,
there will be prayer in school." - Cokie Roberts

"Stand firm in your refusal to remain conscious during algebra."
    - Fran Lebowitz

"I'm an algebra liar. I figure two good lies make a positive."
    - Tim Allen

From: ·············@gmail.com
Subject: Re: <sigh>
On Aug 14, 10:33 am, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> Sending me email "to continue this off-line" makes as much sense as
> pigeon-holing Sir Richard Burton outside the stage door to offer him
> advice on reigning in Lady MacBeth.
>
> hth,kzo
>
> --http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/
>
> "Algebra is the metaphysics of arithmetic." - John Ray
>
> "As long as algebra is taught in school,
> there will be prayer in school." - Cokie Roberts
>
> "Stand firm in your refusal to remain conscious during algebra."
>     - Fran Lebowitz
>
> "I'm an algebra liar. I figure two good lies make a positive."
>     - Tim Allen

I was only trying to reduce bandwidth waste.  My apologies Sir
Olivier, let's
continue our discourse on the main stage.

Mirko
From: Ken Tilton
·············@gmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 14, 10:33 am, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>Sending me email "to continue this off-line" makes as much sense as
>>pigeon-holing Sir Richard Burton outside the stage door to offer him
>>advice on reigning in Lady MacBeth.
>>
>>hth,kzo
>>
>>--http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/
>>
>>"Algebra is the metaphysics of arithmetic." - John Ray
>>
>>"As long as algebra is taught in school,
>>there will be prayer in school." - Cokie Roberts
>>
>>"Stand firm in your refusal to remain conscious during algebra."
>>    - Fran Lebowitz
>>
>>"I'm an algebra liar. I figure two good lies make a positive."
>>    - Tim Allen
>

> I was only trying to reduce bandwidth waste.

Oh, great, now he is lecturing me on c.l.l Netiquette. Who is going to
tell him about The Headscarves Exemption?

kt
From: ·············@gmail.com
On Aug 14, 12:02 pm, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> ·············@gmail.com wrote:
> > On Aug 14, 10:33 am, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
>
> >>Sending me email "to continue this off-line" makes as much sense as
> >>pigeon-holing Sir Richard Burton outside the stage door to offer him
> >>advice on reigning in Lady MacBeth.
>
> >>hth,kzo
>
> >>--http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/
>
> >>"Algebra is the metaphysics of arithmetic." - John Ray
>
> >>"As long as algebra is taught in school,
> >>there will be prayer in school." - Cokie Roberts
>
> >>"Stand firm in your refusal to remain conscious during algebra."
> >>    - Fran Lebowitz
>
> >>"I'm an algebra liar. I figure two good lies make a positive."
> >>    - Tim Allen
>
> > I was only trying to reduce bandwidth waste.
>
> Oh, great, now he is lecturing me on c.l.l Netiquette. Who is going to
> tell him about The Headscarves Exemption?
>
> kt

I am stomped.  Even google comes up blank with the "the headscarves
exemption".  Would you,
anyone, care to expand upon it?

Mirko
From: DL
·············@gmail.com writes:

[...]

>> Oh, great, now he is lecturing me on c.l.l Netiquette. Who is going to
>> tell him about The Headscarves Exemption?
>>
>> kt
>
> I am stomped.  Even google comes up blank with the "the headscarves
> exemption".  Would you,
> anyone, care to expand upon it?
>
> Mirko

http://www.aina.org/news/20070622135843.htm

"Recent years have seen a set of requests by Muslims for exemptions from
generally applicable laws and work rules. A Muslim policewoman in
Philadelphia, for instance, asked for an exemption from police-uniform
rules so that she could wear a Muslim headdress. A few years ago, a
Muslim woman in Florida asked that she be allowed to wear a veil in a
driver's license photo. Last year, a Muslim woman in Michigan asked that
she be allowed to testify veiled in a small-claims case that she
brought."

--
D.L.
From: Ken Tilton
·············@gmail.com wrote:
> On Aug 14, 12:02 pm, Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
>
>>·············@gmail.com wrote:

>>>I was only trying to reduce bandwidth waste.
>>
>>Oh, great, now he is lecturing me on c.l.l Netiquette. Who is going to
>>tell him about The Headscarves Exemption?
>>
>>kt
>

> I am stomped.  Even google comes up blank with the "the headscarves
> exemption".  Would you,
> anyone, care to expand upon it?
>
> Mirko

Can't even Google? What other permutations did you try (praying to G*d
you were not so hopeless as to try only one).

Lessee, three seconds with Google and I see "227 messages - 63 authors".

I think I have been OT five times, 222 to go before I want to hear from
any of you yobs.

kt

From: Stefan Scholl
Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> Sending me email "to continue this off-line" makes as much sense as
> pigeon-holing Sir Richard Burton outside the stage door to offer him
> advice on reigning in Lady MacBeth.

Wouldn't he more interested in the source of the Nile? :-)

--
Web (en): http://www.no-spoon.de/ -*- Web (de): http://www.frell.de/
From: ·············@gmail.com
On Aug 15, 5:12 am, Stefan Scholl <······@no-spoon.de> wrote:
> Ken Tilton <···········@optonline.net> wrote:
> > Sending me email "to continue this off-line" makes as much sense as
> > pigeon-holing Sir Richard Burton outside the stage door to offer him
> > advice on reigning in Lady MacBeth.
>
> Wouldn't he more interested in the source of the Nile? :-)
>
> --
> Web (en):http://www.no-spoon.de/-*- Web (de):http://www.frell.de/

Well, there are similarities.  Finding the source of the Nile and
attaining
Lisp enlightenment are both long and arduous journeys, taken full of
foolish
optimism, looking for something else, and feeling up to the task.

During the journey, one finds wise and kind man to lend a helping
hand, and on
the other hand dangerous and wicked creatures that make you wonder if
you want
to continue.  One takes many false detours, and has to backtrack.  One
does
many stupid things that make the natives laugh and snicker.

But in the end it is worth it.  It better be.

Mirko

PS -- I did not take offense with either your or Ken's postings.  The
sentence about
dangerous and wicked does not apply to this cll thread.  But it
sounded to good not
to include in this ramble.