From: Tamas Papp
Subject: elisp for inserting a defclass
I have recently read Michael Weber's blog entry [1] about inserting a
defpackage form into a buffer.  He includes a link to Xach's blog
which mentions similar code for defclass forms, but I found that
Xach's entry is also about defpackage & related stuff.

But I still think that a defclass form would be useful, eg something
that given "foo bar baz" would insert

(defclass foo ()
  (bar :initarg :bar :accessor :bar)
  (baz :initarg :baz :accessor :baz))

into the buffer.  I suppose people have already written something like
this, if so, please post it so I can keep postponing learning Emacs
Lisp ;-)

Tamas

[1] http://www.foldr.org/~michaelw/log/programming/lisp/defpackage-skeleton
From: weber
Subject: Re: elisp for inserting a defclass
On 13 ago, 06:57, Tamas Papp <······@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have recently read Michael Weber's blog entry [1] about inserting a
> defpackage form into a buffer.  He includes a link to Xach's blog
> which mentions similar code for defclass forms, but I found that
> Xach's entry is also about defpackage & related stuff.
>
> But I still think that a defclass form would be useful, eg something
> that given "foo bar baz" would insert
>
> (defclass foo ()
>   (bar :initarg :bar :accessor :bar)
>   (baz :initarg :baz :accessor :baz))
>
> into the buffer.  I suppose people have already written something like
> this, if so, please post it so I can keep postponing learning Emacs
> Lisp ;-)
>
> Tamas
>
> [1]http://www.foldr.org/~michaelw/log/programming/lisp/defpackage-skeleton

You will probably be more sucessfull asking questions related to emacs
on gnu.emacs.help.
Cheers,
weber