From: daBittweiler
Subject: Common Lisp Cookbook + SBCL on Windows
I been trying all day to get this setup which was very easy thanks to
the many contributors and Bill Clemenston ;)

I'm doing this on windows and I have Corman Lisp 3.0 setup with a few
changes to the provide .emacs file

Now when doing a C-M-F5  it doesn't load sbcl though.
message buffer output: ( when loading sbcl)
'ilisp-*enable-cl-easy-meny-p*' is t
apply: Spawning child process: invalid argument

.emacs edited for brevity
;; SBCL - ILISP
(setq sbcl-exe (concat use-bin "sbcl"))
(setq sbcl-program (concat sbcl-exe " --core " use-bin " sbcl.core"))

(defvar lisp-implementations '(:sbcl-ilisp :corman-inf) "Lisp
implementations installed.")

Has the --core runtime option been change or something?

From: Vagif Verdi
Subject: Re: Common Lisp Cookbook + SBCL on Windows
From: daBittweiler
On Aug 9, 4:35 pm, Vagif Verdi <···········@gmail.com> wrote:
> I tried several times SBCL on windows. Always failed.
> As soon as you start using libraries off the cliki.net, you get lot's
> of errors.
> So for now my conclusion is - SBCL does not work under windows. Use
> linux.
> If you do not have a linux pc - use vmvare player, it is free.

I use sbcl on Netbsd and on linux I use cmucl and sbcl.  I was just
trying to give sbcl a spin on windows that all.   Thanks for the heads
up my friend.