From: Slava Akhmechet
Subject: closer-mop: (superclasses foo) broken?
Whenever I call 'superclasses' on a symbol I get an error saying
CLASS-FINALIZED-P cannot be called on a NIL. Is this intended behavior
of 'superclasses' or am I doing something wrong?

--
Regards,
Slava Akhmechet.

From: Ken Tilton
Subject: Re: closer-mop: (superclasses foo) broken?
Slava Akhmechet wrote:
> Whenever I call 'superclasses' on a symbol I get an error saying
> CLASS-FINALIZED-P cannot be called on a NIL. Is this intended behavior
> of 'superclasses' or am I doing something wrong?

WTF is 'superclasses? (Don't tell me, give me the 'apropos output.)

<sigh>

kenny

--
http://www.theoryyalgebra.com/

"Algebra is the metaphysics of arithmetic." - John Ray

"As long as algebra is taught in school,
there will be prayer in school." - Cokie Roberts

"Stand firm in your refusal to remain conscious during algebra."
    - Fran Lebowitz

"I'm an algebra liar. I figure two good lies make a positive."
    - Tim Allen
From: Pascal Costanza
Slava Akhmechet wrote:
> Whenever I call 'superclasses' on a symbol I get an error saying
> CLASS-FINALIZED-P cannot be called on a NIL. Is this intended behavior
> of 'superclasses' or am I doing something wrong?

Could you be more specific? What function did you call exactly?

Also: What Common Lisp implementation are you using, and in which version?

It may be better to ask such questions in the closer mailing list.

Pascal

--
My website: http://p-cos.net
From: CoffeeMug
On Aug 1, 4:37 am, Pascal Costanza <····@p-cos.net> wrote:
> Slava Akhmechet wrote:
> > Whenever I call 'superclasses' on a symbol I get an error saying
> > CLASS-FINALIZED-P cannot be called on a NIL. Is this intended behavior
> > of 'superclasses' or am I doing something wrong?
>
> Could you be more specific? What function did you call exactly?
Whoops, a thousand apologies. The function 'superclasses' is part of
moptilities, not closer-mop. I should have known better than to post
at 3AM.

Regards,
Slava Akhmechet
From: Ken Tilton
CoffeeMug wrote:
> On Aug 1, 4:37 am, Pascal Costanza <····@p-cos.net> wrote:
>
>>Slava Akhmechet wrote:
>>
>>>Whenever I call 'superclasses' on a symbol I get an error saying
>>>CLASS-FINALIZED-P cannot be called on a NIL. Is this intended behavior
>>>of 'superclasses' or am I doing something wrong?
>>
>>Could you be more specific? What function did you call exactly?
>
> Whoops, a thousand apologies. The function 'superclasses' is part of
> moptilities, not closer-mop. I should have known better than to post
> at 3AM.

Nonsense. 25min later you had your answer, and an answer that will serve
in similar situations for decades to come.

Oh, wait, maybe you ignored me....

kenny