From: ········@comcast.net
Subject: Suggestion for new compiler
I've used Macintosh Common Lisp v4 for several years by way of the
Classic enviro and Allegro Common Lisp by way of ICAD v8 and Windows
Vista at work.  What do you recommend for an ease-of-use, tear-
minimizing experience on Mac OS 10.4?

From: Pascal Costanza
Subject: Re: Suggestion for new compiler
········@comcast.net wrote:
> I've used Macintosh Common Lisp v4 for several years by way of the
> Classic enviro and Allegro Common Lisp by way of ICAD v8 and Windows
> Vista at work.  What do you recommend for an ease-of-use, tear-
> minimizing experience on Mac OS 10.4?

Currently, the best options are LispWorks, or Aquamacs + SLIME with any
of the Common Lisp implementations that are supported by SLIME.

Pascal

--
My website: http://p-cos.net
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <························@g12g2000prg.googlegroups.com>,
 ········@comcast.net wrote:

> I've used Macintosh Common Lisp v4 for several years by way of the
> Classic enviro and Allegro Common Lisp by way of ICAD v8 and Windows
> Vista at work.  What do you recommend for an ease-of-use, tear-
> minimizing experience on Mac OS 10.4?

MCL 5 runs on PPC Macs.

LispWorks is a good option, since it works on both PPC and Intel.

Allegro CL works too, but lacks the native IDE.
You might want to ask them if/when they release
their native IDE for Mac OS X.

OpenMCL has a IDE on PPC (Editor, Inspector, Debugger)
on PPC and, upcoming, on Mac OS X 10.5 on Intel machines.

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org
From: Michael Bohn
········@comcast.net wrote:
> I've used Macintosh Common Lisp v4 for several years by way of the
> Classic enviro and Allegro Common Lisp by way of ICAD v8 and Windows
> Vista at work.  What do you recommend for an ease-of-use, tear-
> minimizing experience on Mac OS 10.4?

If you like Eclipse, you can try this one:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/dandelion-ecl

On MacOS you can use it with SBCL + CLISP