From: Mark Tarver
Subject: problem with Google groups?
Hi,

Anybody notice if there's a problem with Google groups? comp.lang.lisp
on my machine says no activity for 36 hours - which is false.

Mark

From: Tim Bradshaw
Subject: Re: problem with Google groups?
On Apr 28, 11:58 am, Mark Tarver <··········@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Anybody notice if there's a problem with Google groups? comp.lang.lisp
> on my machine says no activity for 36 hours - which is false.

Google groups is amazingly unreliable at reporting how much activity
there's been in a group since you last looked at it.
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <························@e65g2000hsc.googlegroups.com>,
 Tim Bradshaw <··········@tfeb.org> wrote:

> On Apr 28, 11:58 am, Mark Tarver <··········@ukonline.co.uk> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Anybody notice if there's a problem with Google groups? comp.lang.lisp
> > on my machine says no activity for 36 hours - which is false.
>
> Google groups is amazingly unreliable at reporting how much activity
> there's been in a group since you last looked at it.

I think they also had some problems feeding Usenet news
into their system. I could see Usenet postings to
comp.lang.lisp via other Usenet providers, while
Google groups had no updates for several hours.

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org