From: ···········@gmail.com
Subject: asdf : distributing C source files
Hi.

I am very new to lisp and asdf. I am writing a small test application
using SBCL which requires a C library apart from the lisp files.

I was trying to see whether I can use asdf to package the whole thing.
I have a C file which is to be compiled into a shared (.so using gcc.
i also need to pass some system dependant compiler flags to gcc) and
is then loaded by SBCL.

Can I package it using asdf?

Alan

From: Edi Weitz
Subject: Re: asdf : distributing C source files
On 21 Apr 2007 21:12:20 -0700, ···········@gmail.com wrote:

> I am very new to lisp and asdf. I am writing a small test
> application using SBCL which requires a C library apart from the
> lisp files.
>
> I was trying to see whether I can use asdf to package the whole
> thing.  I have a C file which is to be compiled into a shared (.so
> using gcc.  i also need to pass some system dependant compiler flags
> to gcc) and is then loaded by SBCL.
>
> Can I package it using asdf?

Yes.  Look at CLSQL does it for example.

--

Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.

From: ···········@gmail.com
On Apr 22, 2:43 am, Edi Weitz <········@agharta.de> wrote:
> On 21 Apr 2007 21:12:20 -0700, ···········@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > I am very new to lisp and asdf. I am writing a small test
> > application using SBCL which requires a C library apart from the
> > lisp files.
>
> > I was trying to see whether I can use asdf to package the whole
> > thing.  I have a C file which is to be compiled into a shared (.so
> > using gcc.  i also need to pass some system dependant compiler flags
> > to gcc) and is then loaded by SBCL.
>
> > Can I package it using asdf?
>
> Yes.  Look at CLSQL does it for example.
>
> --
>
> Lisp is not dead, it just smells funny.
>
> Real email: (replace (subseq ·········@agharta.de" 5) "edi")

Thanks for the info. I will look it up.
Is there some wiki or something for these kinds of questions? If no
then maybe we can start one.

Alan