From: Ralph P. Sobek
Subject: Anybody still use those old  lisp machines?
I am looking for a used lisp machine that works!  Preferably a Xerox 1185 or
1186.  With the necessary ROMs!  Preferably here in Europe!  This is to
recover some software and advance on it...

Thanks,

--Ralph

From: Pierre THIERRY
Subject: Re: Anybody still use those old  lisp machines?
Le Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:54:41 +0200, Ralph P. Sobek a écrit:
> I am looking for a used lisp machine that works! [...] This is to
> recover some software and advance on it...

Did you try the available emulator?

http://www.unlambda.com/cadr/index.html

Curiously,
Pierre
--
···········@levallois.eu.org
OpenPGP 0xD9D50D8A
From: Rainer Joswig
In article <·············@biggoron.nerim.net>,
 Pierre THIERRY <···········@levallois.eu.org> wrote:

> Le Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:54:41 +0200, Ralph P. Sobek a écrit:
> > I am looking for a used lisp machine that works! [...] This is to
> > recover some software and advance on it...
>
> Did you try the available emulator?
>
> http://www.unlambda.com/cadr/index.html
>
> Curiously,
> Pierre

He was looking for a Xerox machine, it seems.
The Xerox Interlisp machines are very different
from a CADR. Getting a CADR (emulator) will not
help much to recover software from a 1185 or 1186.

There is a commercial emulator for it - a bit expensive.

--
http://lispm.dyndns.org
From: Ralph P. Sobek
"Rainer Joswig" <······@lisp.de> a �crit dans le message de news:
····························@news-europe.giganews.com...
> In article <·············@biggoron.nerim.net>,
> Pierre THIERRY <···········@levallois.eu.org> wrote:
>
>> Le Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:54:41 +0200, Ralph P. Sobek a écrit:
>> > I am looking for a used lisp machine that works! [...] This is to
>> > recover some software and advance on it...
>>
>> Did you try the available emulator?
>>
>> http://www.unlambda.com/cadr/index.html
>>
>> Curiously,
>> Pierre
>
> He was looking for a Xerox machine, it seems.
> The Xerox Interlisp machines are very different
> from a CADR. Getting a CADR (emulator) will not
> help much to recover software from a 1185 or 1186.
>
> There is a commercial emulator for it - a bit expensive.
>
> --
> http://lispm.dyndns.org

Exactly!  I have 2 to 3 Xerox Lisp virtual memories on a Xerox disk!  If I
could find the special AI ROMs for the 1186, I would only need a Xerox 6085
which should be more plentiful but not at the eBay price!
From: Lieven Marchand
Rainer Joswig <······@lisp.de> writes:

> In article <·············@biggoron.nerim.net>,
>  Pierre THIERRY <···········@levallois.eu.org> wrote:
>
>> Le Fri, 20 Apr 2007 22:54:41 +0200, Ralph P. Sobek a écrit:
>> > I am looking for a used lisp machine that works! [...] This is to
>> > recover some software and advance on it...
>>
>> Did you try the available emulator?
>>
>> http://www.unlambda.com/cadr/index.html
>>
>> Curiously,
>> Pierre
>
> He was looking for a Xerox machine, it seems.
> The Xerox Interlisp machines are very different
> from a CADR. Getting a CADR (emulator) will not
> help much to recover software from a 1185 or 1186.
>
> There is a commercial emulator for it - a bit expensive.

There's a version of it with the medley application available 'for non
commercial purposes' from ftp://ftp.parc.xerox.com/pub/lfg/.

If you close medley you have a functioning Interlisp system to play with.

--
It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority. By
definition, there are already enough people to do that.  G.H. Hardy