From: Ondrej Svitek
Subject: SBCL at SPOJ
Hello!

I'd like to announce, that SBCL is now available as a compiler at
http://www.spoj.pl/.

Version used is 1.0.4.0, dynamic space size is limited to 128MB.

NOTE: Sphere Online Judge (SPOJ) is an online judge system accepting
solutions for problems in many languages. Its problem set is rather
large and contains some interesting problems not to be seen elsewhere.
Difficulty varies from newbie/tutorial problems to really challenging
ones (e.g. hard image recognition).

Have fun!

Ondrej Svitek

From: Luís Oliveira
Subject: Re: SBCL at SPOJ
Ondrej Svitek <·············@gmail.com> writes:
> I'd like to announce, that SBCL is now available as a compiler at
> http://www.spoj.pl/.

I couldn't find any info regarding how the source code is loaded by
SBCL, whether it's compiled, whether we can (declaim (optimize speed)),
whether we load contribs, whether does all that count towards the run
time, etc...  Is this described somewhere?

--
Luís Oliveira
http://student.dei.uc.pt/~lmoliv/
From: Ondrej Svitek
> I couldn't find any info regarding how the source code is loaded by
> SBCL, whether it's compiled, whether we can (declaim (optimize speed)),
> whether we load contribs, whether does all that count towards the run
> time, etc...  Is this described somewhere?

No, it isn't described anywhere, so I'll clarify it a bit. After
submitting a solution, it will get compiled via compile-file function
into .fasl file which is later loaded (in a separate invocation of
SBCL). This compilation stage isn't time-measured. I guess, you are
thinking of computing solutions at compile-time now :). Well, you
aren't getting any input during compilation of course. But there are
some problems (like computing digits of PI), which don't have an
input. For these it would be teoretically possible to cheat (avoid
time measuring). Compilation time is limited, but to some ridiculously
high value (language dependent, but typically about 2 mins). Plenty of
time for doing some useful work. Currently the SPOJ's approach is to
ban certain languages from certain problems (e.g. Lisps are not
allowed in PI problem). I see problems with this approach, but that's
what the situation currently is.

You can declaim anything you want, this is almost vanilla SBCL 1.0.4.0
(only with some patches to cut down memory usage). Also contribs are
loadable too, but their loading time is unfortunately counted towards
the run time.

I hope this helped a bit.

Ondrej Svitek