From: Daniel Pezely
Subject: Seattle presentation tomorrow (Wednesday)
If you're in/around Seattle, consider attending a
Lisp presentation tomorrow.

As posted on http://wiki.alu.org/lispsea ...

Topics in Lisp programming

     * Topic: Lisp manipulation of C structures
     * Presenter: Daniel Pezely
     * Date: Wednesday, April 11, 2007
     * Time: 6:15 - 7:30 PM
     * Location: Capitol Hill branch of library
     * Cost: Free and open to the public of all ages

This is for Lisp and non-Lisp programmers alike.
Especially those who primarily use other languages may
find it interesting to use Lisp for such practical/cookbook
tasks.

Within the scope of systems programming, there are often
multiple languages being used. While there are verbose file
formats for exchanging data among foreign applications,
sometimes you still must deal with packed structures within
"binary" files or network protocols.

This is about processing and generating packed data records
such as those native to C programs.

Specifically, we'll have Lisp reading and writing a C or C++
struct.

We'll also process Unix time values within ANSI Common Lisp,
accounting for the different epochs and depending upon
hardware architecture, byte order.

Getting there:

http://www.spl.org/?pageID=branch_open_directions&branchID=6

This meeting will take place at the Capitol Hill branch of
the Seattle Public Library at Harvard Ave E and E Republican
St. (This event is not sponsored by The Seattle Public
Library.)

Metro Bus within three blocks: 8, 9, 43, 49, 60; within
eight blocks: 10, 11, 14, 15.

Parking is free yet challenging on nearby streets or has
mandatory "pay station" use on Broadway until 6PM, so best
options may be underground garages. There's limited free
parking under the Library and a larger commercial garage
under QFC grocery store (formerly Fred Meyer) with entrance
1 block away on E Harrison St.

Please! Please! Please silence your gear before entering the
building... it's a library, after all!!!

The meeting rooms are upstairs, and we'll be in the large
one above the Check-out Desk.

The Library and its garage close promptly at 8
PM. Conversations may continue at various coffee houses,
taverns, bars and restaurants in the neighborhood.

For those arriving early, there's Wi-Fi available free of
charge and no shortage of things to read...