From: Ron Garret
Subject: Javascript Lisp editor
I recall visiting a web site a while back that had a Javascript-based
Lisp editor on it.  (It balanced parens and indented in a browser
window.)  Now I can't find it for the life of me and I was hoping
someone here would have seen it also and know where it was.  If you've
seen this beast I would be most grateful if you could point the way.

Many thanks,
rg

From: ········@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Javascript Lisp editor
Ron Garret wrote:
> I recall visiting a web site a while back that had a Javascript-based
> Lisp editor on it.  (It balanced parens and indented in a browser
> window.)  Now I can't find it for the life of me and I was hoping
> someone here would have seen it also and know where it was.  If you've
> seen this beast I would be most grateful if you could point the way.

BioBike has a simplistic one. JS does the (very simple) paren
balancing, but the indentation is done by Lisp, not Javascript. Try the
demo server from www.biobike.org. It would be pretty easy to improve my
stupid paren balancing algorithm -- I think I spent a whole ten minutes
on it at the time (although I think that JP or PS improved it
somewhat). But I thought that you were ajaxing, in which case why not
just let Lisp do all the work for you?
From: Ron Garret
In article <························@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
 ········@gmail.com wrote:

> Ron Garret wrote:
> > I recall visiting a web site a while back that had a Javascript-based
> > Lisp editor on it.  (It balanced parens and indented in a browser
> > window.)  Now I can't find it for the life of me and I was hoping
> > someone here would have seen it also and know where it was.  If you've
> > seen this beast I would be most grateful if you could point the way.
>
> BioBike has a simplistic one. JS does the (very simple) paren
> balancing, but the indentation is done by Lisp, not Javascript. Try the
> demo server from www.biobike.org. It would be pretty easy to improve my
> stupid paren balancing algorithm -- I think I spent a whole ten minutes
> on it at the time (although I think that JP or PS improved it
> somewhat). But I thought that you were ajaxing, in which case why not
> just let Lisp do all the work for you?

This isn't the one I'm thinking of.  The one I'm looking for balanced
parens by coloring them in with different colored background rectangles.
(It wasn't quite the Right Thing, but I wanted to look at the code to
see how it worked.)

rg
From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
On Sun, 01 Oct 2006 00:08:13 -0700, Ron Garret wrote:

> In article <························@h48g2000cwc.googlegroups.com>,
>  ········@gmail.com wrote:
>
>> Ron Garret wrote:
>> > I recall visiting a web site a while back that had a Javascript-based
>> > Lisp editor on it.  (It balanced parens and indented in a browser
>> > window.)  Now I can't find it for the life of me and I was hoping
>> > someone here would have seen it also and know where it was.  If you've
>> > seen this beast I would be most grateful if you could point the way.
>>
>> BioBike has a simplistic one. JS does the (very simple) paren
>> balancing, but the indentation is done by Lisp, not Javascript. Try the
>> demo server from www.biobike.org. It would be pretty easy to improve my
>> stupid paren balancing algorithm -- I think I spent a whole ten minutes
>> on it at the time (although I think that JP or PS improved it
>> somewhat). But I thought that you were ajaxing, in which case why not
>> just let Lisp do all the work for you?
>
> This isn't the one I'm thinking of.  The one I'm looking for balanced
> parens by coloring them in with different colored background rectangles.
> (It wasn't quite the Right Thing, but I wanted to look at the code to
> see how it worked.)
>
> rg

Not really an editor, but http://paste.lisp.org/ colors parens as you
hover over code with the mouse. The code is available via the
`Source'-link at the bottom of the site.

--
Lars Rune Nøstdal
http://lars.nostdal.org/
From: ········@gmail.com
From: Pascal Costanza
Ron Garret wrote:
> I recall visiting a web site a while back that had a Javascript-based
> Lisp editor on it.  (It balanced parens and indented in a browser
> window.)  Now I can't find it for the life of me and I was hoping
> someone here would have seen it also and know where it was.  If you've
> seen this beast I would be most grateful if you could point the way.

That's probably not what you mean, but there is a Lisp applet at
http://cube.misto.cz/lisp/

Depending on your needs, you can probably also use MindTerm to connect
to a server that runs a Lisp process. See
http://www.appgate.com/products/80_MindTerm/

Pascal

--
My website: http://p-cos.net
From: Paolo Amoroso
Ron Garret <·········@flownet.com> writes:

> I recall visiting a web site a while back that had a Javascript-based
> Lisp editor on it.  (It balanced parens and indented in a browser
> window.)  Now I can't find it for the life of me and I was hoping

Some time ago I seem to have read about some code Peter Seibel wrote
for Franz.  Your description triggers something I read back then about
Peter's code.

I don't have any other info.  But if it is indeed that code, you might
try asking Peter.

Paolo
--
Why Lisp? http://wiki.alu.org/RtL%20Highlight%20Film