From: ·······@gmail.com
Subject: Lisp DLLs?
I'm trying to use Lisp methods as an AI backdrop to a larger program.

Anybody know how I could turn Lisp programs in DLLs, or similar formats
where they can be easily called from C# code?

From: Jack Unrue
Subject: Re: Lisp DLLs?
On 29 Sep 2006 16:18:15 -0700, ·······@gmail.com wrote:

> I'm trying to use Lisp methods as an AI backdrop to a larger program.
>
> Anybody know how I could turn Lisp programs in DLLs, or similar formats
> where they can be easily called from C# code?

In case you haven't found it yet, lsharp.org is a starting
point, not only because they claim to facilitate tight
integration with .NET, but also because their FAQ has
pointers to other possibilities.

--
Jack Unrue
From: Lars Rune Nøstdal
On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 16:18:15 -0700, awood45 wrote:

> I'm trying to use Lisp methods as an AI backdrop to a larger program.
>
> Anybody know how I could turn Lisp programs in DLLs, or similar formats
> where they can be easily called from C# code?

ECL produces DLLs http://ecls.sourceforge.net/

You could also use some sort of RPC-scheme; that way you'll be able to use
mostly any implementation that can do IPC somehow.

But have you considered reversing the process? If you use C# to generate
DLLs you could use CFFI to start the main-loop in your C#-DLL then have
callbacks in the Lisp-image. This would work great and would work with
most Lisp-implementations - check out CFFI:
http://common-lisp.net/project/cffi/

I believe this would be simpler; check out
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/3707x96z.aspx , or using Mono
it's something like:

mcs /target:library my-application.cs

--