From: ····@att.net
Subject: Heap Size
Hi,

I have a program that's running out of heap space under SBCL, but
running top indicates it's not using all available memory.

Is there any way to increase the heap space available to SBCL?

Thanks!

Cheers,
David
From: David Lichteblau
Subject: Re: Heap Size
On 2006-09-29, ····@att.net <····@att.net> wrote:
> Is there any way to increase the heap space available to SBCL?

(The sbcl-help list is a better place to ask this kind of question.)

If you are on x86, edit src/compiler/x86/parms.lisp and recompile.  Make
sure to read the comments in that file.  It is a good idea to try the
changes using src/runtime/trymap.c before building.  Current SBCL does
not try to detect incorrect values (the relocation patch does).

Values for Linux that used to work for me, but might need fine-tuning:

(def!constant dynamic-space-start       #x50000000)
(def!constant dynamic-space-end         #xb0000000)
(def!constant linkage-table-space-start #x09000000)
(def!constant linkage-table-space-end   #x18fff000)

(The easier solution is to use the AMD 64 backend, if you have the
hardware.)

d.