From: Jack Unrue
Subject: ECL misbehavior when loading an ASD file
I'm sorry to bother the newsgroup with this, but for whatever reason
the ecls-list manager has decided to silently reject my messages (I
am subscribed).

On 9/27/06, Goffioul Michael <········@imec.be> wrote:

> That's strange, I usually have that problem when I try to load
> an ASDF file without having the ASDF package loaded into memory.
> Can you try to:
>
> (require 'asdf)
> (load "cffi.asd")

DRIVEN% ecl
ECL (Embeddable Common-Lisp) 0.9i
Copyright (C) 1984 Taiichi Yuasa and Masami Hagiya
Copyright (C) 1993 Giuseppe Attardi
Copyright (C) 2000 Juan J. Garcia-Ripoll
ECL is free software, and you are welcome to redistribute it
under certain conditions; see file 'Copyright' for details.
Type :h for Help.  Broken at EVAL.
> (require 'asdf)
("ASDF")
> (load "cffi.asd")
Segmentation violation.
Broken at LOAD.

This is on WinXP SP2 and ECL was compiled with
gcc.exe (GCC) 3.4.5 (mingw special)

I can provide a stack trace via gdb if that's
helpful.

--
Jack Unrue