From: GP lisper
Subject: Lightspeed Lisp
"...And if someone throws me a bug, I can code around it in a few
minutes."  --Richard Gabriel

Hey all you lisp bashers that wander in here, BEAT THIS!

Late last year:

--------------------------------
Look at this one:

(clsql:sql
 (clsql-sys::make-query [foo] [bar] [count [foo]]
                        :from [table]
                        :group-by '([foo] [bar])
                        :order-by '([foo] [bar])))
=> "SELECT FOO,BAR,COUNT(FOO) FROM TABLE GROUP BY (FOO,BAR) ORDER BY FOO,BAR"

I believe the parentheses around FOO,BAR in the GROUP BY clause are
wrong.
--------------------------------

Indeed they are, a fix is outlined...a challege issued by maintainer
to show fix is not postgress-centric, response prompts:

*********************************
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:36:52 -0600

Harald Hanche-Olsen wrote:
> If you mean am I in possession of a copy of ISO/IEC 9075:2003, no I
> don't.  But I do find grammars the SELECT statement in various places,
> for example

Thanks for the supplemental information, Harald. That's good enough for
me. I'll look at producing a fix.
*********************************

Note the timestamp, and

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:44:31 -0600

Kevin Rosenberg wrote:
> Thanks for the supplemental information, Harald. That's good enough for
> me. I'll look at producing a fix.

Version 3.3.2 has this fixed and a test added to the test suite for
this.

8 minutes, including test!

ALL YOUR BASES BELONG TO LISP!

...not to mention that the fix could have been dropped into RUNNING
code without a hitch, restart, nor recompile/relink...

--
Reply-To email is ignored.