From: Patrick May
Subject: text justification in CAPI
     I'm using CAPI in anger for the first time.  Overall it's pretty
intuitive, but I can't find a simple way to right-justify text in a
title-pane.  Any thoughts?

     More generally, are there any CAPI books or references other than
those provided by LispWorks?  Something for people with some
familiarity with other GUI APIs would be ideal.

Thanks,

Patrick

From: sross
Subject: Re: text justification in CAPI
Patrick May wrote:
> I'm using CAPI in anger for the first time.  Overall it's pretty
> intuitive, but I can't find a simple way to right-justify text in a
> title-pane.  Any thoughts?

I've never used title-pane directly but subclasses of titled-object
can take :title-position and :title-adjust as initargs (this includes
display-panes and text-input-panes)

>      More generally, are there any CAPI books or references other than
> those provided by LispWorks?  Something for people with some
> familiarity with other GUI APIs would be ideal.

sorry, none that i know of. Your best bet is to go through the
capi examples provided with lispworks.

btw, you might get quicker/better responses by sending LW specific
messages to the lisp-hug mailing list.

sean.
From: Wade Humeniuk
Patrick May wrote:
>      I'm using CAPI in anger for the first time.  Overall it's pretty
> intuitive, but I can't find a simple way to right-justify text in a
> title-pane.  Any thoughts?

The :title-adjust initarg is for a title on the pane, not for the text
displayed in the pane (:text initarg).  If you want to place the text
right justified within some larger interface then you can use layouts.
There are other ways, like creating an output-pane or pinboard-layout
and drawing the text string or placing it in an item-pinboard-object.

CL-USER 8 > (capi:contain (make-instance 'capi:column-layout
                                          :description
                                          (list
                                           (make-instance 'capi:title-pane
                                                          :text "Hello"
                                                          :background :white))
                                          :adjust :right
                                          :visible-min-width 480))
#<CAPI:COLUMN-LAYOUT  (1,1) 20682B8C>

as opposed to

CL-USER 10 > (capi:contain (make-instance 'capi:title-pane :text "Hello"
                                          :visible-min-width 480
                                          :title-position :right
                                          :title "Title"
                                          :background :white))
#<CAPI:TITLE-PANE "Hello" 206861D4>

CL-USER 11 >

Wade

From: Patrick May
Wade Humeniuk <··················@telus.net> writes:
> Patrick May wrote:
>>      I'm using CAPI in anger for the first time.  Overall it's
>> pretty intuitive, but I can't find a simple way to right-justify
>> text in a title-pane.  Any thoughts?
[ . . . ]
> CL-USER 8 > (capi:contain (make-instance 'capi:column-layout
>                                          :description
>                                          (list
>                                           (make-instance 'capi:title-pane
>                                                          :text "Hello"
>                                                          :background :white))
>                                          :adjust :right
>                                          :visible-min-width 480))

     Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Patrick

S P Engineering, Inc.  | Large scale, mission-critical, distributed OO
          ···@spe.com  | (C++, Java, Common Lisp, Jini, middleware, SOA)