From: ·········@gmail.com
Subject: lisp and ubuntu
anyone have any recommendations regarding running lisp on ubuntu. I am
quite new to lisp, and very unfamiliar with how to get going. I have
tried way too many combinations to elaborate on here, but my
requirements are as follows:

mysql connectivity
web client, and server capability

What I am looking for are something more than just "this is what I
use"... I am looking for a this configuration is best because of these
reasons. I have been trying to get this going for a few days, and am
not having any amazing luck here. TIA.

monk
From: ·············@gmail.com
Subject: Re: lisp and ubuntu
·········@gmail.com wrote:
> anyone have any recommendations regarding running lisp on ubuntu. I am
> quite new to lisp, and very unfamiliar with how to get going. I have
> tried way too many combinations to elaborate on here, but my
> requirements are as follows:
>
> mysql connectivity
> web client, and server capability
>
> What I am looking for are something more than just "this is what I
> use"... I am looking for a this configuration is best because of these
> reasons. I have been trying to get this going for a few days, and am
> not having any amazing luck here. TIA.
>
> monk

I don't know about MySQL, but:

sudo apt-get install clisp sbcl cl-aserve

should start you off nicely. In SBCL, you can just (require :aserve) to
get the package.